Betty Lou muppet

fatblue

Reaction score
On some occasions she was called Lucy Dawn,etc, but did Frank Oz always do the voice for her? I could have sworn others such as Fran Brill did the voice as well. What skits was she even called 'Betty Lou' in because I don't remember.

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
fatblue said:
On some occasions she was called Lucy Dawn,etc, but did Frank Oz always do the voice for her? I could have sworn others such as Fran Brill did the voice as well. What skits was she even called 'Betty Lou' in because I don't remember.
Yes Fran Brill did do her some.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
I don't remember either,but the most recent appearence by Betty Lou was on the video Do the Alphabet from 1997.The peformers of Betty Lou have been (in this order) Jim Henson,Frank Oz,Fran Brill,Marilyn Sokol,and the most recent is Lisa Buckley.Hope this helps.

fatblue

Reaction score
JoeyMuppet said:
I don't remember either,but the most recent appearence by Betty Lou was on the video Do the Alphabet from 1997.The peformers of Betty Lou have been (in this order) Jim Henson,Frank Oz,Fran Brill,Marilyn Sokol,and the most recent is Lisa Buckley.Hope this helps.
Hmm! Not to question your knowledge, but Isn't that Prarie Dawn you mean? The Betty Lou character had poni tails and hasn't been used for awhile to my knowledge.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
No,I did mean Betty Lou.As far as I know Prarie Dawn has only had one muppeteer,and that is Fran Brill.

fatblue

Reaction score
Oops sorry! My bad, what I mean is the video 'Do The Alphabet', isn't that Prarie Dawn in the video? Betty Lou I don't think has been on SS in ages really. I could be mistaken.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
fatblue said:
I'm gonna assume that was done on the 1st season and then they changed her name.

Erine81981

Reaction score
No the Do the Alphabet video came out like someone said in 1997 but yes Betty Lou was brought back from some newer seasons but back when Sesame Street showed old skits and still had Kermit the frog. So yes Betty was brought back with a new look and new voice. So there you have it. Hope this helps explain all this.