"Between the Lions" Season 1 on DVD

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
For any fans of the non-Henson puppet show, Between the Lions - the entire first season is will be released in a 5-disc DVD box set on January 8th.

More information and cover art: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7929

Although the show is not produced by The Jim Henson Company or Sesame Workshop, the show does share many people from the Muppet family. The show was created by Lou Berger, Christopher Cerf, Michael Frith, Norman Stiles and Kathryn Mullen. And features puppeteers Peter Linz, Tim Lagasse, Jennifer Barnhart, Anthony Asbury, Kathryn Mullen, Pam Arciero, Heather Asch, Tyler Bunch, James Kroupa, Matt Vogel and others.

Hopefully the sales are good enough to warrant the release of the second season (which includes guest appearances by Big Bird, Bert and Ernie in one episode. Plus Bert and Elmo appeared in recurring inserts throughout the season too.)

Oh, you can pre-order the set on Amazon already too:
http://www.amazon.com/Between-Lions-Season-Boston-Specials/dp/B000V6FVKM/

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Wow, this is a big surprise! I never thought this show would come out in season sets! I'll have to find this went it comes out.

BTW, does anybody know how long BtL's first season was? I thought it was somewhat short, but it seems a lot longer since it's a 5-discer.

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
i heard the same voice of the little cub. but i don't know her name and she mind me of a grouch girl in Sesame Street.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I wouldn't have ever thought this would come out on season set either. Cool but weird. Maybe i'll buy it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Cool.... but 80 bucks is WAY WAY WAY WAY too much for me (I can't even get the $40 Fraggle sets).

BTL is very underrated as a kid's show... even though it had one horrible season as soon as Mississippi PBS started making the episodes, causing them to reuse half the story segments from previous seasons. the second season of Mississippi PBS was much better, even featuring a story by Mo Willems, and one by Sonia Manzano (Whom we all know as Maria from Sesame Street), where she even did voice work for it.

travellingpat

Reaction score
Yeah its too expensive...if it was cheaper maybe id buy it but its good to see it came out