Between the Lions

Drtooth

Reaction score
As a matter of fact, yes. There are 5 episodes this week, and I think they are the last five made... the show's been cancelled no thanks to government cutting of PBS funding...

Whic means, BTL will go down with Puzzle Place, Square one, Reading Rainbow, etc. great stuff like that, while Barney the Dinosaur, Telitubblies, and jay jay the Airplain live to stink up the ratings another day :grouchy:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Oh, so very sad.... :cry: I will miss that show.....

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Aw, that stinks. I never watched it much, but I thought it was a really cute show. My brother was especially fond of quoting one episode: "It was a dark and stormy night. The old man had a story to tell. This is the story he told: 'It was a dark and stormy night. The old man had a story to tell. This is the story he told: "It was a dark and stormy night..."'" :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes... it's a shame that a great, well crafted show with refugees from Sesame Street (Christopher Cerf, etc.) will be plundged and Barney the dinosnore will be on a million more years. Now that's a dino who should become extinct...

he really ex-stinks! :boo:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'm telling u now all pbs wants is kiddy shows not show that there parents can watch w/ their children. I don't think Parents want to watch Barney and Jay Jay. I now can't believe that PBS is taking away all these good shows off the air. Now Its like PBS is acting like Fox and other channels that don't want to keep shows on the air. Does anyone remember a show that had a girl monster and her mother or babysitter? That also didn't stay on the PBS long either. Now PBS is no longer like it can be. So I think They need to call or write to PBS and tell them they need to let the shows run at least two or three years before letting go of the show. Then if the show doesn't do good they can take it off the air. I say some one here knows the address or PBS email address tell them how we fell. Let them know how we fell and another thing lie to them tell them u have children who don't like what shows or r wondering why this show is no longer on. They can then tell them why. LIE TO PBS!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I must disagree... Arthur is still on the air, and It always makes me Laugh (yesterday and today had numerous jokes about Indian Jones and TinTin comics, and I bet I was the only one who'd get the latter).

but the unrequited crap like Barney, Jay Jay, etc. are probably only on for merchandising reasons. i was so shocked to see that Barney had a come back after the 1998 disaster, "Barney's Great Adventure" I still see that merchandise in numerous toy stores marked down to the lowest they can go, gathering dust...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I must disagree... Arthur is still on the air, and It always makes me Laugh (yesterday and today had numerous jokes about Indian Jones and TinTin comics, and I bet I was the only one who'd get the latter).
I love Arthur, and not just because Marc Brown's from Erie either!! :stick_out_tongue: IT's a great show, and I am especially fond of "The Ballad of Buster Baxter," featuring Art Garfunkel as a singing moose! :big_grin:
Erin