Beware Gonzo idol scam

muppetperson

Reaction score
I would like to warn people about a scam I have experienced with the Gonzo Golden idol ebay auction.Particularily the near miss bidders.I have been conned by someone in the UK who made it look like a second chance offer had come from ebay, by using cut and paste and saying ebay had appoved a Western Union money transfer.His email was S Q ringthebells585 at yahoo and then he used security-center at ebay and reply to square-trade-forums at consultant dot com.He used the alias Roger Cavin and picked up the money with a drivers licence(fake?).I would like to hear from other bidders if they have been approached or anybody who knows who this person is?

Camellia

Reaction score
hi! if this happens to you again or anyone else:
1. never use western union, it's hard to see who really picks up the money
2. contact your postal service or any other organization that the fraud used and report full details
3. contact the police in any country the transaction moved across

if people report this to each other and the police, hopefully it will catch a few crooks, or at least slow some of them down.

sorry,
good luck!
Diane :smile:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Are you saying you lost money on this or just warning eveybody here? Sorry to hear if you did lose money.

muppetperson

Reaction score
MuppetsRule said:
Thanks for the heads up. Are you saying you lost money on this or just warning eveybody here? Sorry to hear if you did lose money.
Both.I lost money big time.(Over US$1000):eek:

Camellia

Reaction score
mail order scams

hi, I'm so sorry to hear you lost so much $ :frown:

but Eric is cool!!

So is the toy museum. I enjoy the pictures.

Good luck with Eric!

Diane

muppetperson

Reaction score
Thanks for all your support, guys.I only wish people who scam could get caught.Internet crimes are rising and it's no wonder if people know that they have shelter being in another country.