Beware of abridged "John Denver & Muppets" Xmas CD!!

MahnaMahna

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Right.

But neither were "Silent Night", "12 Days", and "We Wish"! ARRGH!

(and probably more, but I'm too tired to think much...)
Those are old enough that they are probably in the public domain - which means anyone can use them without paying royalties.

Mark

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, there are three different pressings of this album on CD.

The hardest-to-find was done in 1988 by Windstar/Allegiance Records. Then Laserlight Records reissued a full version of the album, and the shorter version that everyone is talking about came out a couple years ago.

I have an extra of the original Laserlight release if anyone is looking for the complete CD.

uncleduke

Reaction score
I picked up the Laserlight version at a local Grocery store last week, It is catalog #12761 and it DOES have both of those songs on it.
It was a FRYS grocery store, which is owned by Krogers.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw it at Fileines or somewhere to that extent. I HAD IT, but it fell down the stairs and got all scratched. Crap! It was one of the first CD's I got too!

towels

Reaction score
It still could be a licensing issue. I imagine Silent Night, 12 days, etc. may have passed into public domain, while a Beach Boys song wouldn't have yet...

Bean Bunnysan

Reaction score
If you sreach the internet you find them on other sites. But its sad they left those songs off:frown:

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
that's crazy. Those are the 2 best songs on the album, for sure...

oh well, I got a copy years ago at a gas station (of all places!!) on the way to my parents on christmas eve...I thought it was pretty fitting...it's got all the songs...was listening to little st nick this morning while I brushed my teeth as a matter of fact..

jeremyactor

Reaction score
Say, does the new copy of the CD still have the Steve's name misspelled? On my copy from 1990, it's credited as STVE WHITMIRE.

Jeremy