Bewitched on DVD!

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
:big_grin: Man, I'm so happy! Yesterday it was announced on tvshowsondvd.com that Bewitched is going to be released on DVD at the time the movie comes out in 2005. :smile: :excited:

I realize it's a long way off but I've wanting Bewitched on DVD ever since DVDs came out!

A long with that news they also said "I Dream of Jeannie" is going to be released on DVD along with that movie. The only thing I've heard about a Jeannie movie is that Jessica Simpson wants to play her! Blech!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations! You've been waiting for this a long time.

Grandmaster C

Reaction score
Dr. Bombay said:
:big_grin: Man, I'm so happy! Yesterday it was announced on tvshowsondvd.com that Bewitched is going to be released on DVD at the time the movie comes out in 2005. :smile: :excited:

I realize it's a long way off but I've wanting Bewitched on DVD ever since DVDs came out!

A long with that news they also said "I Dream of Jeannie" is going to be released on DVD along with that movie. The only thing I've heard about a Jeannie movie is that Jessica Simpson wants to play her! Blech!
Sweet! I can't wait for Jeannie either as I like that show even more than Bewitched. I didn't know that they were making movies though. I mean, Jessica Simpson as Jeannie? That's just wrong... :boo: :mad:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dr. Bombay said:
HACK!!! BLECK!!! ACK!!! YUCK!!! How much longer do I have to live now that I've found that out? Ignorance is bliss!!!!

As my lifespan is significantly shortened by a shudder I Dream of Jeannie movie...

:boo: An I Dream of Jeannie Movie?
:sleep: And it looks like it's gonna be a nightmare!!!

I will say that a DVD of Bewitched (one of my favorite Classic Sitcoms) will be an excellent addition. And who Knows... by 2005 I may even GET a DVD player!

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I will say that a DVD of Bewitched (one of my favorite Classic Sitcoms) will be an excellent addition. And who Knows... by 2005 I may even GET a DVD player!
Having Bewitched on DVD is the only reason to get a DVD player! :big_grin: Well, and to watch the Muppet Show DVDs as well.

Phillip Chapman said:
Congratulations! You've been waiting for this a long time.
Way too long! But I guess it'll give me time to really save up considering that they might be expensive!

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Yes! Yes! I have been waiting for the day when Bewitched would get in on the current trend of television shows to DVD. Bewitched is definately one of my favorite sitcoms on TV Land. Next to I Love Lucy, The Munsters, Happy Days (the episodes w/Ron Howard) and The Brady Bunch, respectively :smile:

Now ... when will we get those last three on video? :big_grin:

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
trekkie1701E said:
Yes! Yes! I have been waiting for the day when Bewitched would get in on the current trend of television shows to DVD. Bewitched is definately one of my favorite sitcoms on TV Land. Next to I Love Lucy, The Munsters, Happy Days (the episodes w/Ron Howard) and The Brady Bunch, respectively :smile:

Now ... when will we get those last three on video? :big_grin:
I would love for the Munsters to come to DVD but so far there hasn't been any news on when that will happen.

With Happy Days, it was mentioned at a conference specifically for TV on DVD that it was going to come but there were no specifics given.

The Brady Bunch - well, noone has said anything about that show on DVD. There is a a Brady Bunch Variety Hour on DVD, which makes no sense to have such a craptacular show on DVD before the original (which by the way, I don't really enjoy but still think it should be on DVD).

I get all my info from www.tvshowsondvd.com. They are very good at keeping up to date on everything TV on DVD related.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Awesome site. Thanks for the link :smile:

Dilbert on DVD! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know why that show didn't do very well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... I love Bewitched... Never cared much for Jeannie though... it has it's moments but I felt it uneven over all (Personally I think it's only on in syndication because of dirty old men who like to look at Jeannie)..

Personally, I think they should can the movie remakes and go straight foir the DVD releases...

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Yeah... I love Bewitched... Never cared much for Jeannie though... it has it's moments but I felt it uneven over all (Personally I think it's only on in syndication because of dirty old men who like to look at Jeannie)..

Personally, I think they should can the movie remakes and go straight foir the DVD releases...
Then count me in on the dirty old men who like to look at Jeannie :smile: :wink:

No, seriously, I agree. It wasn't as well written as Bewitched but it did have a lot of great moments and I thought it was an excellent idea.....not to mention Barbara waltzing around in what-was-then-considered-to-be skimpy outfit.

I'm all for the movies simply because it will mean more merchandise and a renewed interest in the originals.

But if I had to choose between DVD releases or the movies, you better believe it would be for the DVD releases.

Actually now that I think about it Bewitched 1st season is being released in Japan. It's on the Japanese Amazon.com site. And I guess it costs like $150.00 US!! No thank you! I'll wait.......but it's so hard waiting! :rolleyes: