Bewitched on DVD!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Japanese DVD's are notoriously high in price. Plus they are the infamous region 2, meaning you need a special decoding DVD and TV set (?) to view it...

Patience young Bombay! BEwitched DVD you'll have. No time in... nyyyess....

I just hope it's heavy on Uncle Arthur episodes! :crazy:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I always got a kick out of both "Bewitched" and "Jeannie." The two main female characters are about as different as they possibly could be, though! :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Yes, Master DrTooth, I shall have patience.......but whining and complaining about how long I have to have patience, there will be no end :grouchy: :excited: :embarrassed:

See, they best be season sets......I shall accept nothing less! And unedited with the original openings.......I have high standards for my favorite show.

Speaking of Uncle Arthur, he didn't come around until the second season and he was only in 10 episodes, though it seems like more. Paul Lynde does appear in the first season as Samantha's driving instructor and it is HILARIOUS!

I always got a kick out of both "Bewitched" and "Jeannie." The two main female characters are about as different as they possibly could be, though!
Erin
I agree! I don't see how everyone can compare the two shows because they are so different.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Dr. Bombay said:
I agree! I don't see how everyone can compare the two shows because they are so different.
I guess just because both of them have magical powers, and they usually lead to mishaps of one kind or another. In a way the shows are very similar, and in a way they aren't at all. :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I guess just because both of them have magical powers, and they usually lead to mishaps of one kind or another. In a way the shows are very similar, and in a way they aren't at all. :stick_out_tongue:
Erin
I made a list of the similarities for a Bewitched website with contributions from my friend Jan. Here's a link to the list:

Similarities between Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Ha! That's really interesting. I didn't realize so many of the storylines for individual episodes were similar.
Erin

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I didn't either until I really started studying it. I knew there were at least three similar story lines off the top of my head but once I got into it there was so much more.

And William Asher, the director of Bewitched, made a rule that the crew couldn't work on both shows. One time one of the writers put in a script "Samantha blinks" and he was immediately fired!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Dr. Bombay said:
And William Asher, the director of Bewitched, made a rule that the crew couldn't work on both shows. One time one of the writers put in a script "Samantha blinks" and he was immediately fired!
:eek: Aww, poor guy!! :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
:eek: Aww, poor guy!! :stick_out_tongue:
Erin
Then in the 80s William Asher had the nerve to direct the I Dream of Jeannie: 15 Years Later movie! Talk about double standards :eek:

He has said that Elizabeth Montgomery wasn't too happy with him for doing that....

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
There is a 1980's Jeannie movie? I never knew that. Is it actually any good? Who's in it?