Bewitched's Tabitha's toy rabbit?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Tabitha's toy rabbit in "Bewitched" (refered to as Peter rabbit) was a mass produced toy, and if so, what it was really called in the stores at the time? The real Peter Rabbit toy is totally different.Tabitha's rabbit was white.

Yorick

Reaction score
Sorry I don't have any info myself, but I hope someone else does!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Here is a freeze frame incase anybody recognises it-

It can also be seen on youtube if you search bewitched It's Wishcraft.

Yorick

Reaction score
That is a unique toy Rabbit! Very cool! I figure (as I'm sure you did) that even if it was a factory made toy that sold in stores, it will still be really difficult to find - but it's not impossible! Best of luck!
Here is a freeze frame incase anybody recognises it-

It can also be seen on youtube if you search bewitched It's Wishcraft.

muppetperson

Reaction score
That is a unique toy Rabbit! Very cool! I figure (as I'm sure you did) that even if it was a factory made toy that sold in stores, it will still be really difficult to find - but it's not impossible! Best of luck!
Thanks.I am finding that Prop masters do use mass produced items as a special prop.For example, Jeanie's bottle was a Jim Beam decanter and Ernie's rubber ducky was a rubber toy.

muppetperson

Reaction score
just an update-now I know why the rabbit looks familular.It is modelled on Hanna Barbera's Ricochet Rabbit! It is most likely specially made for the show, but I am yet to confirm that.