Bible Study

dwayne1115

Reaction score
There are a lot of people who use the NIV, and don't understand that they take out those verses. They just think it's the thes and the thous, but it's not. The KJV is the closest we have to the original manuscripts. The other versions take away and add to God's word.

Revelations 22: 18 and Matthew 24:24

@Old Thunder

You were asking about Jonah a few posts ago. He is such an interesting person to study, and I have many times. According to the scriptures after running from God, and getting swallowed by the big fish, which by the way I've heard some believe that God created a special fish just for this, and that it was not a whale. Anyways after getting out of the fish goes and dose as God told him to, but not out of fear or respect for what God had said. Jonah wanted revenge, and he preached but instead of the people rejecting his message they heed to it. So Jonah then has a putty party for himself, and that's really the last we hear about him.
I personally believe that he died there in his pitty, which is sad considering the testimony he could have had. I don't believe that there has ever been any record of anyone being swallowed by any kind of sea creature and then live to tell about.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Hebrews 8:13 - In that he saith, A new [covenant], he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old [is] ready to vanish away.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I personally believe that he died there in his pitty,
There’s nowhere in the Bible that supports any theories, but I definitely think he survived and returned to a more peaceful life after these events.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
There’s nowhere in the Bible that supports any theories, but I definitely think he survived and returned to a more peaceful life after these events.
I know for his sake I would hope so, but man what a sad story.

Hebrews 8:13 - In that he saith, A new [covenant], he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old [is] ready to vanish away.
Actually Hebrews is in the New Testament.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge—If sinners entice you, do not consent—Those who hearken to wisdom will dwell safely.