Bible Study

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Be still, and know that I am God. - Psalm 46:10a

What a great verse. Short and sweet. It's a great meditation.

Be still and know.
Be still.
Be

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Psalm 37:3-4
Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I dunno about you, but that verse seems to be at odds with good Christian morals.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Fun fact: The Bible is actually REALLY messed up in its morals. Yes, at the core it’s good and all, but if you look around, like Thunder said, there’s some gruesome stuff in there that isn’t exactly family friendly!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
"God is a God of love"

This is a phrase that gets misinterpreted or misunderstood by so many people, and some use it as an excuse to do whatever they want. Yes God is a loving God, but he is also jealous, angry, and even sad.

Those people in those verses were of a pagen nation that had turned away from God. Which it's not the first time God destroyed people. He also destroyed the whole earth with the exception of Noah and his family with the flood.

Yes the Bible is a bloody book, ever since the fall of man in the Garden of Eden till Jesus died on the cross and then rose from the dead as the ultimate and perfect sacrifice for our sins.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I started reading the New Testament book of Luke today. I didn't realize all this time that Jesus and John the Baptist were technically cousins. John's mom was also The Virgin Mary's sister. Huh, that's very interesting. I had no idea :smile:.