Biff and Sully present Loud and Quiet

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Biff: Hello, Biff and Sully here. Today, we are going to show you the difference between loud and quiet.

(Sully nods his head)

Biff: I will demonstrate loud, and Sully will demonstrate quiet.

(Sully nods his head)

Biff: Now, as I am loud, I am talking. As Sully is being quiet, he is no talking at all.

(Sully shakes his head|)

Biff: You don't have to talk to be loud. Other ways to make noise include playing a musical instrument. (picks up a bugle and blows a loud note) Or you can hit something. (pichs up a hammer and a pan and hits the pan) Or you can drill. (picks up a drill and starts drilling loudly)

(Sully taps Biff)

Biff: What is it, Sully?

(Sully opens his mouth)

Biff: Oh, wait, Sully, don't talk, you are supposed to be quiet.

(Sully makes an annoyed facial expression)

Biff: Oh, wait, we were supposed to switch, too.

(Sully nods his head)

Biff: Okay, now I will be quiet and you will be loud.

(Sully rubs his forehead in relief and opens his mouth)

Biff: (interrupting) Oh, wait, Sully, we are out of time., Maybe next time you can be loud. Let's go.

(Biff and Sully walk away)

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Aww, poor Sully! You know, just as Sully can't seem to talk to be loud, it's just as hard to imagine Biff being quiet! Do you know the idea behind this running gag on the show? Was it possibly a member of the crew who constantly interupted people, and someone decided it would be funny to include it, or was it meant to teach some particular lesson?...
Congradulations on another great one! Actually, I think you wrote this one first, and I just read it second, but congradulations anyway.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet said:
Aww, poor Sully! You know, just as Sully can't seem to talk to be loud, it's just as hard to imagine Biff being quiet! Do you know the idea behind this running gag on the show? Was it possibly a member of the crew who constantly interupted people, and someone decided it would be funny to include it, or was it meant to teach some particular lesson?...
Congradulations on another great one! Actually, I think you wrote this one first, and I just read it second, but congradulations anyway.
I don't know, but I have read some posts from Was Once Ernie where he mentioend that Richard Hunt originally was mainly a background performer, performing right hands and the back half of Mr. Snuffleupagus. I don't know when Richard started performing voices on a regular basis, but somehow, considering Sully first appeared in the fourth season, I have a feeling that his silence might have been a way for Richard Hunt to have a regular character without having to do a voice for the character. Don't quote me on this, though. I don't know if that's the reason or not.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
They are a memorable pair though. And this was a great skit. Worthy of their comical interaction.