Big, Bigger and Biggest skits

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
another big, bigger biggest skit

Not to give away my age, but you had to be around in the early years to see this one, from Season 1.

Ernie decides to go rock hunting. He comes across a big rock, taps it with a hammer, and puts it in a bag. Then he finds a bigger rock, taps it, and stashes that one too. Then to his delight he finds the biggest rock of all, taps it, but it turns out to be the top of a monster's head, who rises out of the ground and is very annoyed to say the least that Ernie bothered him.

Ernie:"I think I made a big mistake going rock hunting today."
Monster: "Oh, YEAH!!!!!!"
E: "And I think I made a BIGGER mistake when I hit you on the head."
M: "OH, YEAH!!!!!!!!"
E: "But I think my BIGGEST mistake IS THAT I'M STANDING HERE TALKING ABOUT IT!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!"

Ernie runs away in terror. The monster turns and looks at us so we can see how gruesome he is (his eyes are pure evil!) Then he slowly sinks back into the ground, until all you can see is the rock/top of his head.

Not for the faint of heart. Don Sahlin really outdid himself building this beast. !:eek: !:eek: !:eek:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I remember a recent Journey to Ernie skit where before Big Bird starts playing he tries to learn big, bigger and biggest by looking at three boxes. Then later on, he finds Ernie in a snowman and says which ones were big, bigger and biggest. I just thought I'd mention that.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
I recall one with Ernie and Cookie Monster. I'm a little fuzzy but I think it went like this. Ernie had 3 hats and 3 boxes ranging from small, medium and large. He asked Cookie Monster which hats went in which box. Cookie put the smallest hat in the largest box, the medium hat in the medium box. Ernie then says the big hat will never fit in the small box. Cookie then eats the brim of the large hat, just enough so that it will fit into the small box.

There may not have been a mediium sized hat or box. I'm not sure.

I do recall one where 2 kids were fighting over a cookie. Cookie Monster walks by and says the smallest should get the cookie. They then argue over who's smaller(one of them scrunches down). Cookie then says "You small, and you smaller, but me smallest". Cookie then shrinks down to tiny size, picks up the cookie and with a high-pitched voice says "Me do anything for cookie".

matthewxel

Reaction score
I REMEMBER THAT!! :excited: IT WAS FROM 1969 AND IT TOOK PLACE IN :frown: AND :stick_out_tongue: 's LIVING ROOM.

matthewxel

Reaction score
fuzzygobo said:
Not to give away my age, but you had to be around in the early years to see this one, from Season 1.

Ernie decides to go rock hunting. He comes across a big rock, taps it with a hammer, and puts it in a bag. Then he finds a bigger rock, taps it, and stashes that one too. Then to his delight he finds the biggest rock of all, taps it, but it turns out to be the top of a monster's head, who rises out of the ground and is very annoyed to say the least that Ernie bothered him.

E: "But I think my BIGGEST mistake IS THAT I'M STANDING HERE TALKING ABOUT IT!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!"

Ernie runs away in terror. The monster turns and looks at us so we can see how gruesome he is (his eyes are pure evil!) Then he slowly sinks back into the ground, until all you can see is the rock/top of his head.

Not for the faint of heart. Don Sahlin really outdid himself building this beast. !:eek: !:eek: !:eek:[/QUOTE/]

HI, FRED!! :big_grin:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Remember the one with Kermit,Splurge,Beautifal Day Monster,and another monster?From 1969? :smile:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
fuzzygobo said:

Not for the faint of heart. Don Sahlin really outdid himself building this beast. !:eek: !:eek: !:eek:
well i'm younger than you by 5 years and i saw that 1.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Mickey Moose said:
I do recall one where 2 kids were fighting over a cookie. Cookie Monster walks by and says the smallest should get the cookie. They then argue over who's smaller(one of them scrunches down). Cookie then says "You small, and you smaller, but me smallest". Cookie then shrinks down to tiny size, picks up the cookie and with a high-pitched voice says "Me do anything for cookie".
I remember that one, but I didn't think it was that old. I thought Cookie Monster's personality wasn't established until 1971.

matthewxel

Reaction score
Similar to the skit when Ernie mistakens Fred the Dragon's head as a rock, wasn't there one when somebody(I don't know who)wants to pick flowers and then pulls up some flower and it's attached to the top of a monster's head? :confused: