Big Bird and Oscar on Hee Haw.

Xerus

Reaction score
Did anyone see the two Hee Haw episodes where Big Bird and Oscar were guest stars?

The first episode had the gang at Slim Pickin's barbecue and Big Bird appeared. He said he gets nervous around barbecues, wondering if he's the main guest or the main course. Then Big Bird started singing a happy song while greeting the whole Hee Haw gang.

The second episode had them back at the barbecue. Slim announced that Bruno was going around the tables and asked if they'd put all their trash in the can Bruno was holding. Then Oscar pops his head out and starts complaining.

SLIM: "I can see why they call you a grouch!"

OSCAR: "I can see why they call you slim!"

Then they started bantering some more and then stopped to listen to a country western band.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Hee Haw

I never knew that any muppets appeared on Hee Haw, and I especially didn't know that bruno ever made any guest appearances on any shows, although it would make sense since bruno was created for the purpose of haveing oscar enter a live stage without his performer being seen (although it seems like the other performers don't care much about whether they are seen by the live audience).

Did bruno speak in this appearance, or was he quiet like usual? Does anybody know if bruno ever appeared on any other shows (like the tonight show or the today show)?

Xerus

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I never knew that any muppets appeared on Hee Haw, and I especially didn't know that bruno ever made any guest appearances on any shows, although it would make sense since bruno was created for the purpose of haveing oscar enter a live stage without his performer being seen (although it seems like the other performers don't care much about whether they are seen by the live audience).

Did bruno speak in this appearance, or was he quiet like usual? Does anybody know if bruno ever appeared on any other shows (like the tonight show or the today show)?
No, I don't think Bruno ever spoke in that Hee Haw episode.