Big Bird Brings Spring to Sesame Street

Erine81981

Reaction score
Did anyone know that this is a real TV speical? I didn't but at IMBD it shows that it is. Does anyone have this on tape? I'll trade w/ you.

zanimum

Reaction score
Never trust IMDb.

Anyone can add anything to it. Once, and probably still now, Barney was listed as appearing on the show, which is far from reality. Whenever I try to add and delete, nothing ever happens.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Did anyone know that this is a real TV speical? I didn't but at IMBD it shows that it is. Does anyone have this on tape? I'll trade w/ you.
I don't think it's a TV special; it's part of a "Golden Books" video tape, which animated several of the SS books.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Yea I knew it was a book and video. I still don't wonder why someone would do this and be able to have this up if its not right. All the other SS things that are up are right. It talks about all the speicals and shows. So anyone can write just anything on this site and get away with this.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Gosh, I hope that's not the case. Use that site for research for the master list, and I'd hate to have to throw out certain parts cause of people just goofing around like that. Of course, I hope to one day do the actual research myself with some helpers and corroborate what I have on the list, but that's another story for another day.

Kyle, you asked about Big Bird Brings Spring to Sesame Street.
This was part of a Golden Books video, had it not sure if I still do don't think so though.
Here's what I remember it had.
Story #1: Grover and the gang go fishing on Bert's boat. Big B, Ernie, Bert, Cookie, Prairie and Grover are on the boat. Everyone's fishing and only Grover notices that the boat sprang a leak. He then changes to Super Grover and lifts the boat. The funny thing is that everyone thinks they're still fishing and pay no attention to Grover throughout the ordeal.
Story #2: Grover's watching Prairie Dawn's play about Goldilocks and the 3 Bears. The goof-up is that Grover thinks the bears are real and tries to rescue Prairie from the bears.
Story #3: Big Bird Brings Spring to SS. Big Bird starts out with 6 differently colored flowers on a winter's day. As he moves down the lane of the main SS diarama, he meets different friends and gives them one each of his flowers to cheer them up. When Big B's given away all 6 flowers, he's a bit saddened cause he has none for himself. But then he looks at the street and we see the changes worked to cheer everyone else up with the beginning of Spring.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The first and second stories were:

--The debut of Super Grover
--Super Grover trying to prevent a girl on a sled from hurting herself.