big bird head

charlie bird

Reaction score
yep,another big bird post,I know ,sorry

I am making a big bird replica WHEN A QUESTION POPS UP :there is the beak ,the eyes ,but what aboute the upper head?Is it built with foam and fleace,and then feathers added,or are the feathers added too the beak to form the upper head.I know it sounds dumb ,but I am completely confused now that I think aboute it.

Here is what I know the beak is balsa wood covered in fleace...I have no ideal to carve wood so I'll just pattern some foam...I know that while fillming there is a camera in the eye with a moniter wich I will subsitute with a tuxedo bib made from scrim...thats it for now...
any replys are apreichiated

BooberFraggle

Reaction score
I believe there is a foam "skull" to give the head shape under the feathers.

charlie bird

Reaction score
Holy crap! It's you! I didn't know you were a member. I made the foam "skull" yesterday. I also made the "foot" pattern too, and I plan to make it with craft foam or “fun foam “I believe they call it. I got inspired when you asked me if I had made any replicas lol! So I'm starting out with a hard one, which probably isn't smart, but who said I was. Yay! I am going to attempt to finish him as quickly as I can that way I'll have a wicked Halloween costume! I’m losing my mind aren’t I?
Thank you for the response:smile: