Big Bird in China or Japan?

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Which one did you like best?
Big Bird in China or Big Bird In Japan?
One thing I like better about China,was how Ernie,Bert and a bunch of other famous SS muppet characters actually appeared in one scene.Big Bird and Farley were the only two SS characters ever seen in Japan.
:stick_out_tongue: :frown:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Big Bird and Farley were the only two SS characters ever seen in Japan.
I think you meant Barkley. :wink:
(Of course, if Farley DID show up in this video, let me know where! That'd be cool! :smile: )

BEAR

Reaction score
The only one I really remember is the Japan one. I have seen a small clip from the China video but I don't remember ever seeing it. I would like to though and I have been thinking for a while about buying the tape. As far as the Japan video, I think I liked it, but would have liked to see more Muppet appearances in it, even if they were brief.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've only seen China, and I loved it. I've seen A clip of Japan c/o "A Celebration of Me, Grover" DVD.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I really don't think I've seen "Big Bird in China." I remember seeing him in Japan years ago when it was on TV. I probably would have liked the China one better since the other Muppets make appearances in it.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
I think you meant Barkley. :wink:
(Of course, if Farley DID show up in this video, let me know where! That'd be cool! :smile: )
You're right Gonzo.I did mean Barkley.Sorry about that.
:concern:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have only seen Big Bird In China. I haven't even seen a copy of the recent re-release in any stores (whether on video or DVD). I also haven't even found any DVD copies of Big Bird In China (just the newer video release).

Xerus

Reaction score
I liked them equally both.

The China story had lots of Muppets in it and a great story about a magic bird and a funny monkey king.

The Japan story had a mysterious woman helping Big Bird and Barkley find their way back to their plane. And we learn so much about Japan.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have a question about barklys performer in big Bird In japan. I have read at both The Complete henson Database and The Internet Movie database that Brian Meehle, Barklys original performer, performed barkly in this special, but the special is from 1987, three years after Brian Meehle left Sesame Street. Did Brian Meehle actually perform barkly, or did Fred Garbo perform Barkly?