1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Big Bird on Jimmy Kimmel

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by theprawncracker, Nov 2, 2009.

1. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I still don't think Jimmy Fallon of all people needs a late night talk show, but I'd be happy to see this for sure, lol.
  3. theprawncracker

Have you SEEN Jimmy, Snowthy? He's HILARIOUS. Like, consistently. He's fresh and vibrant and just funny all the time. He's my favorite of the late night hosts. :D
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I also have no love for the Jimmys of late night. They always seem to be having more fun laughing than I am - and I laugh a lot. They just make me feel uncomfortable like when Chevy Chase tried too hard on his infamous talk show.

There have only been three real late night hosts for my taste. Johnny Carson, David Letterman and Conan O'Brien. I do like Craig Ferguson, but he's fairly loose and breezy. I don't count Jon Stewart or Bill Maher as late night hosts as much as political comedy.

I prefer the Muppets to be on Conan or Letterman, but for some reason that just doesn't happen. I guess the Jimmys have good taste or good booking agents. I can say that for them. :super:
  5. D'Snowth

I'm not saying he's not funny, what I meant was... to me, to give a former SNLer his own late night talk show would be like giving Sarah Palin her own country... if that makes sense...
  6. Does anyone know (or have a good guess) who's performing Big Bird on Jimmy Kimmel? Is Carroll Spinney still doing live appearances? He's one performer I would still really like to meet, and it would be great if he was coming out to the west coast!

-Murray
  7. D'Snowth

The last I recall Big Bird being performed for a live event, it was Caroll, but that was a few years ago, and it was regarding Caroll being honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award... lol, Big Bird was so funny...

"YAY, CAROLL SPINNEY! GO, CAROLL SPINNEY! Wait... who's Caroll Spinney?"
  8. D'Snowth

Shameless plug...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDq_Bn387GU

I posted Grover's appearance on Jimmy Kimmel from 2005 on YT a few years ago, back when they didn't suck.

I forgot to tape Fozzie (and Rizzo)'s appearance from that same year, but oh well. I'ma tape Big Bird's appearance for sure!
  9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

"You were great in 'Sideways'!" Love that bit. If any show is responsible for the erosion of brain power it's the 8 seasons of Wings, not the 40 seasons of Sesame Street. I'm reminded by the episode of Animaniacs when the Devil professes his limits to how many years he can renew Wings. Anyway, that Kimmel is Grover at his best! :super:
  10. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Gee, MC it's been a while. Yes. Awesome.I can't wait for the Elmo/Rosita one.

EDIT: LOL! Slayer and Big Bird are on in the same episode... That could end in hilarity
  11. theprawncracker

Sesame Workshop's official Facebook page has said that Oscar will be on Kimmel tonight with the Bird. This is going to be GREAT! :wisdom: :grouchy:
  12. D'Snowth

Added bonus!
  13. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I'm looking forward to this! Will they be on at the same time?
  14. D'Snowth

VCR ready, gettin' excited!
  15. theprawncracker

GREAT... my local ABC is playing Seinfeld? NOW of all times? What is going ON? Argh. :grouchy:
  16. D'Snowth

You sure you got the right channel, Prawnie? Seinfeld's on FOX, not ABC.

For those who missed it, Oscar's appearance was simply the intro of the show...

"Hey there, Oscar the Grouch here, if you like watchin' trash, then stay tuned for Jimmy Kimmel Live! Tonight's guests are Josh Jackson, Big Bird, and Ghostface Killah... whoa, there's a cool name! So sit back, relax, and have a rotten time... or... go to sleep!"

Jimmy also mentioned how Big Bird spent all day lining the green room with newspaper, and how they're trying to not think about eating him, especially since it's so close to Thanksgiving.
  17. theprawncracker

I'm sure it's the right channel. They've been showing commercials and a preview of tonight's Kimmel... yet now Kimmel. :smirk:
  18. D'Snowth

Hmm, that's odd... but then again, on my local ABC, Nightline ran longer...

Jimmy just now mentioned Big Bird will be on, and incorrectly mention Season 41 starts next Tuesday, and that someone dies this season... obviously a joke, unless I missed something, but he did mention how interesting it is that this is "the first time Big Bird and Ghostface Killah worked together".

Right now, he's talking to Josh Jackson, so I guess Big Bird's next!
  19. theprawncracker

Ah ha! I got it now! Kimmel apparently comes on after Seinfeld here? *shrug* Whatever. It's on now. I saw Oscar. I'm excited. :wisdom:
  20. D'Snowth

Oh well... I'll get to see Big Bird first, so nyah-nyah!