1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Big Bird Replica Half-finished

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Keeermit, May 16, 2007.

1. Keeermit

Keeermit Active Member

hey all, it's nice to get back onto Muppet central. Just letting you guys know that I have half finished my Big Bird puppet/suit. I never thought that gluing over 5000 feathers individually would take sooooooo long .... I just need to make his legs now and he is done. I have also recently made replicas of a Gonzo puppet :concern: and Animal puppet :halo: - I will link some photos when I take them. Have a great day all :)
  2. IgorPonweed

IgorPonweed New Member

Can't wait to see!
  3. TotallySpiesFan

TotallySpiesFan New Member

That makes 2 of us!
  4. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I can't wait myself. This is going to be cool!
  5. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

man ill pay for this event
  6. zns

zns Active Member

OMG. This is so awsome Jarrod. Good luck building the puppet. Can't wait to see the results. :) :excited: ;)
  7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Ooh, this will be AWESOME!
  8. Keeermit

Keeermit Active Member

thanks one and all :) i can't wait for it to be finished either! neither can my flatmate - our house is full of little yellow flying fluffy bits :) - i realised i also need to finish off his left arm.... more work. oh well we suffer for our art :)
  9. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Wow! This is so exciting! I can't wait to see! The Bird is my favorite muppet!:)
  10. zns

zns Active Member

Can I make a suggestion. When you finish building Big Bird and are ready to take photos, you should try and get all of the replicas that you have and do one big group photo. But then again, that's just a suggestion. Think about it.
  11. Keeermit

Keeermit Active Member

12. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

Looks simply awesome! What's the fabric called that you used for gonzo? Been looking for it for ages!
  13. TotallySpiesFan

After you've completed the Big Bird replica, how about doing some obscure Muppets such as:

Boppity
    Droop
    Shaky Sanchez
    Lenny the Lizard
    Koozebanian Phoob
    Green Boppity
    Purple Frackle
    Dark Green Hunchback Frackle
    Flower-Eating Monster
    Miss Kitty
    Luncheon Counter Monster
    Trumpet Fazoob
    Fish Fazoob
    Whatdyasay Bird
    Forcryingoutloud Bird
    Ohboy Bird
    The Wolf (of Super Sheep)
    Quongo the Gorilla
    T.R. Rooster
    Catgut
    A Muppet Cow
    A Muppet Sheep
    Three Chickens
    Three Penguins
    Two Lobsters
    Brool Minstrel
    Murray Minstrel
    Wander McMooch
    Aretha
    Mudwell Mudbunny
    Begoony
    Poison Cackler
    Blustering Bellowpane Monster
    Two Inkspots
    Tug Monster (of Little Muppet Monsters)
    Earl Dragon (of Puppetman)
    Harry the Rhino (of Jim Henson's Animal Show)
    Two Wickershams (of The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss)
  14. Keeermit

Keeermit Active Member

wow thats quite a list you got there - i like down further on the list you dont want me to make just one of each replica you have specified how many of each :) thanks for all the kind words one and all
  15. Keeermit

Keeermit Active Member

the fur I used for my gonzo was actually some old grey fur i had that i dyed blued then lightly airbrushed the fur to give the gonzo look - i'm really happy the way it turned out :concern:
  16. TotallySpiesFan

Why not do one Muppet replica per week, okay?
  17. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Wow, those look awesome, man! Animal could not look better! Tres perfection!
  18. I am at a loss of words, simply amazing. I hope the MR replicas look like these (and wish they were puppets). I can only imagine how amazing bird is going to be.
  19. MuppetForChrist

MuppetForChrist New Member

Animal looks better than the real one!
    AMAZING!;)
  20. Fuzzhead

Fuzzhead New Member

Wow! Those are fantastic! If I had that kind of puppet making talent, I would have the entire Muppet cast in my home. Can't wait to see Big Bird.