Big Bird Replica Half-finished

Super Scooter

Reaction score
The clear plastic can be reflective if shot wrong, though. Still, it is a pretty good idea.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I use gray arm rods. Project Puppet has a great idea for removeable arm rods and I suggest it. It's in one of their patterns.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Wow! That's amazing! Those are spot-on perfect! I'm about to start making a new puppet and I need to know: what did you use for the eyes and (epsecially) how did you get Gonzo's nose colored just right? If there's any special tools I'd need please tell me; this next puppet I'm starting is going to be hard...and I've only done one before. :zany:

Keeermit

Reaction score
thanks once again for everyones kind words about my replicas :smile: . I am currently hard at work making a Pepe:rolleyes: , hopefully he will be finished soon. As far as questions about my gonzo replica - His eye mech was very difficult due to the angle of the eyes and eyelids but i would reccomend just using the mech technique they have on this forum ( just do a forum search for eye mechs) also his nose was hand carved and then dyed and airbrushed to give it the desired look. I have made many MANY gonzos over the years and have experimented with different approaches - i would suggest you do the same and don't expect your first ever gonzo to turn out perfect, mine certainly wasn't. Just have fun with it.

ploobis

Reaction score
thanks once again for everyones kind words about my replicas :smile: . I am currently hard at work making a Pepe:rolleyes: , hopefully he will be finished soon. As far as questions about my gonzo replica - His eye mech was very difficult due to the angle of the eyes and eyelids but i would reccomend just using the mech technique they have on this forum ( just do a forum search for eye mechs) also his nose was hand carved and then dyed and airbrushed to give it the desired look. I have made many MANY gonzos over the years and have experimented with different approaches - i would suggest you do the same and don't expect your first ever gonzo to turn out perfect, mine certainly wasn't. Just have fun with it.
Thank You!

I already made the head of my Gonzo out of foam and I have almost all the materials I need for him including rit-dye. I bought two boxes of purple rit-dye and two boxes of rose pink rit-dye and I'm gonna mix them together and test it on a scrap piece of foam and see how it turns out before I dye the Gonzo head.

I love your replicas of Gonzo, Fozzie, Animal, Oscar, Elmo, Kermit and all your other cool puppets! I can't wait to see how your Pepe will turn out. Maybe after Pepe you can try to make Rizzo.

Good Luck :smile:

Telly

Reaction score
Light the lamp! Not the rat! Light the lamp! Not the rat!

pepestarr

Reaction score
You are an exceptional puppet builder Keeermit, can't wait for the Pepe replica (possibly the first ever?)

Keeermit

Reaction score
I have finished his head and he looks pretty good so far, not sure what to dress him in though, red or blue hoody or the black top with the chain that he seem to wear alot these days - i think i will go with the red hoody, what do you guys think?:rolleyes: