1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Big Bird Replica Half-finished

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Keeermit, May 16, 2007.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Picking my jaw off the floor. Beautiful work! Gorgeous Piggy! :mad:
  2. TotallySpiesFan

TotallySpiesFan New Member

Keeermit, do you have plans to build replicas for Cookie Monster, Scooter, and Rowlf?
  3. Keeermit

Keeermit Active Member

hey there, i'm glad u like piggy so far.... she still needs alot of work, i have cut and curled her hair since that photo and sh looks much better. As far as other replicas go i have considered and cookie and rowlf but i am still experimenting on furs etc, can't say I have ever thought of making a scooter - he was never one that i connected with. I am also currently working on a new Kermit.....but i am also working on my client orders.... so i had better get back to it , cheers
    jarrod
  4. zns

zns Active Member

I must say Jarrod that you have a very special gift. i would love to do business with you someday if that's all right. (only on originals, not replicas)
  5. BabyScooter

BabyScooter New Member

awesome piggy better than mine!:mad: ;) :)
  6. Krazedmuppet

Krazedmuppet Active Member

those look better than the Master Replica ones of Animal and Gonzo, and the Big Bird one... WOW- just WOW you got some mad crazy talent skills, I'm jealous
  7. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

We should have a puppet-replica-play-off between Keeeermit and the guy selling his stuff on e-bay and Amazon for WAYYY too much money! :)

(I choose Keeermit's).

I have to defend MR's replicas, though. They are fantastic and beautiful! If they were making puppets, I would definitely want them to talk to Keeermit as well as Terry, who does a terrific job on the Muppet MR Prototypes!
  8. TML

TML Active Member

I asked Jarrod this question before, but he doesn't seem to keen on sharing info, but I'll ask again any way. For Gonzo's face, it looks like carved reticulated foam. Could you be generous enough to share where you are able to find the foam in large enough blocks to carve? My partner and I have made some replicas, but we used sheet foam for Gonzo's face since we couldn't locate large cubes of reticulated foam.
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2096/2180877133_e24aacbc94.jpg?v=0
  9. Keeermit

Keeermit Active Member

hi there,glad you like my replicas - I am still working on my Piggy but also started a new Fozzie as I wasnt overly happy with my other one.:o

I order my blocks of reticulated foam in from my local foam store - it usually needs to be ordered in full sheets ( like the size of a mattress) and its more than a couple of hundred dollars. Look around a foam shop may have off-cuts :)
  10. TotallySpiesFan

A list of Muppet puppet replicas Keeermit should build in the future besides Cookie, Rowlf, and Scooter:

Green Anything Muppet
    Lavender Anything Muppet
    Fat Blue Anything Muppet
    Pumpkin Anything Muppet
    Large Lavender Live-Hand Anything Muppet
    Small Anything Muppets (Hot Pink, Reddish-Magenta, and Pumpkin Orange)
    Droop
    Boppity
    Shaky Sanchez
    Lenny the Lizard
    Koozebanian Phoob
    "Elderly" Purple Frackle
    Dark Green "Hunchback" Frackle
    Green "Boppity-Like" Frackle
    Luncheon Counter Monster
    Flower-Eating Monster
    Miss Kitty
    Pink "Trumpet-Nosed" Fazoob
    Purple "Fish-Like" Fazoob
    A Muppet Cow
    A Muppet Sheep
    A Muppet Chicken
    A Muppet Penguin
    A Muppet Lobster
    Youknow Bird
    Whaddyasay Bird
    Righton Bird
    Ohreally Bird
    Forcryingoutloud Bird
    Ohboy Bird
    A Muppet Canary
    A Muppet Fish
    A Muppet Clam
    A Muppet Shark
    Some of the green birds who sang "Take a Chance"
    Some of the blue birds who sang "Rockin' Robin"
    Some of the Muppaphone Members
    Gunge
    Philo
    Sprocket
    Brool Minstrel
    Murray Minstrel
    Mudwell Mudbunny
    Begoony
    Aretha
    Wander McMooch
    Poison Cackler
    Blustering Bellowpane Monster
    Beastie (Tosh Fraggle's Pet)
    Three Inkspots
    Any of the Fraggles
    Tug Monster (from Little Muppet Monsters)
    Earl Dragon (from Puppetman)
    Milton the Golden Toad (from Song of the Cloud Forest)
    Ruth the Golden Toad (from Song of the Cloud Forest)
    Nick the Anaconda (from Song of the Cloud Forest)
    Caiman the Crocodile Elder (from Song of the Cloud Forest)
    Seymour Elephant (from Muppets Tonight)
    Nigel Director (from Muppets Tonight)
    Icky Nono (from Muppet Time)
    Rosita
    Baby Bear
    Guy Smiley
    Sherlock Hemlock
    Roosevelt Franklin & His Mother
    Harvey Kneeslapper
    Professor Hastings
    Lefty the Salesman
    Herry Monster
    The Count
    Mumford
    Little Bird
    Ruby Monster
    Merry Monster
    A Sesame Street Cow
    A Sesame Street Sheep
    A Sesame Street Pig
    A Sesame Street Frog
    Any of the Anything Monsters
    Any of the Honkers
    Any of the Grouches
  11. Keeermit

Keeermit Active Member

WOW TSF I can't believe you typed all those names out - it took me ages to read that list - It must have taken FOREVER to type them out! Thanks for your enthusiasm towards my replicas. I may have to pull back on my replicas as I have an overflow of client orders I have to get stuck into and I usually only muck aorund with my replicas when I dont have more important jobs on. :sympathy:
  12. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

If the other one needs someone to babysit him until you need him back again, just remember that I am a good babysitter.

I sit on babies just fine.
    WOCKA WOCKA!

Who's throwing tomatoes at me? :o
  13. Baby Rowlf

Baby Rowlf Member

Wow! Amazing work! My question is of course....have you considered bringing any of the Muppet Babies into the fray?:)
  14. TotallySpiesFan

Besides your new Fozzie puppet needs a body.
  15. MGov

MGov New Member

Those replicas are no longer available on Amazon. They still get listed on the Amazon ad that appears here but someone (i can't imagine who:D ) reported them as copyright infringement to Amazon and Disney.
  16. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

As Keermit said, just about any foam supply store (there are many in New York state) should be able to sell you a block large enough to carve. Try looking up upholstery suppliers in your Yellow Pages, they often sells blocks of polyfoam that are used to make cushions or foot stools.

For a large block of reticulated foam try Rogers Foam Corporation in Somerville, MA. Their website is http://www.rogersfoamcorp.com (you will likely have to make very large order from them though).
  17. TotallySpiesFan

Are you planning to build Boober Fraggle?
  18. kidforce7

kidforce7 New Member

Keeermit,
    1 - Your Muppets are AMAZING! INCREDIBLE! AWESOME!
    2 - Can you take us through a Muppet building from start to finish? Pics at each stage, materials used, hints and tips, tools needed, how-to's, specific paint, you name it... I know that there are tutorials out there, but yours are the best Muppets ever! (next to the Muppets of course!). You could do it like a blog, keeping us updated on each day. Then we could all get a feel for just what it takes (and how long it takes) to make one of these! Let us know!
    You Rock!
    Joe
  19. Slightlychilled

Slightlychilled New Member

There is a Rogers Foam Corporation like right down the road from me. My dad fixes there shipping doors. I was like oooo maybe I could get a hook up.... WRONG $500.00 min order I think it was $68.59 for a sheet 72"x36" I might be wrong I have it on my work e-mail. I might go hit up there trash bin.
  20. Muppet Loverr

Muppet Loverr Member

I would like that as well