1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Big Bird vs Barney news story??

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by dirtygulch, Aug 10, 2002.

1. dirtygulch

dirtygulch New Member

anyone ever rember this story? it was on the news a long time ago. everyone i tell it to thinks im carzy but i DO rember something like this. one scene was big bird pushing barney off stage and his head came off. if anyone remembers this, please tell me. id appreciate it
  2. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

It was part of something that was done for PBS. It was a flix of a bunch of children's characters together, and Big Bird did not push Barney off stage. They were actually together on stage for the first and last time. In the background, they played the song "We Are Family" by Sister Sledge. The point of it was so that all characters from all shows love each other. They are not enemies.
  3. dirtygulch

dirtygulch New Member

oh ok. i could of sworn barney fell off stage or something... anyways, thanx for telling me what the stroy was really about
  4. sstVideo

sstVideo New Member

Actually, Barney is living proof that birds are really justevolved dinosours that are much further evolved.
  5. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

Now that's funny!

Still, while I'm all for evolution (it seems perfectly clear that humans evolved from monkeys and some of us are still living off scum at the bottom of the swamp) I'm not ready to admit Big Bird is related to Barney, even if it a connection seperated by a few hundred million years.
  6. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Hehe, I'm with Ms. Quilter. Bird is WAY too cool to be related to Barney. Even if Big Bird is an evolved form of a dinosaur, Barney would NOT be the base of that evolution chain. :)

-Matt
  7. manoftheSTREET

manoftheSTREET New Member

Posted by ssetta: It was part of something that was done for PBS. It was a flix of a bunch of children's characters together, and Big Bird did not push Barney off stage. They were actually together on stage for the first and last time. In the background, they played the song "We Are Family" by Sister Sledge. The point of it was so that all characters from all shows love each other. They are not enemies.

My response: (Jon Lovitz voice) ACTING! (Regular voice) In my mind, I envision Big Bird challenging Barney to a fight and stomping that Purple Pain back to the Stone Age (pun intended).

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff