Big Bird vs Barney news story??

dirtygulch

Reaction score
anyone ever rember this story? it was on the news a long time ago. everyone i tell it to thinks im carzy but i DO rember something like this. one scene was big bird pushing barney off stage and his head came off. if anyone remembers this, please tell me. id appreciate it

ssetta

Reaction score
It was part of something that was done for PBS. It was a flix of a bunch of children's characters together, and Big Bird did not push Barney off stage. They were actually together on stage for the first and last time. In the background, they played the song "We Are Family" by Sister Sledge. The point of it was so that all characters from all shows love each other. They are not enemies.

dirtygulch

Reaction score
Originally posted by ssetta
It was part of something that was done for PBS. It was a flix of a bunch of children's characters together, and Big Bird did not push Barney off stage. They were actually together on stage for the first and last time. In the background, they played the song "We Are Family" by Sister Sledge. The point of it was so that all characters from all shows love each other. They are not enemies.
oh ok. i could of sworn barney fell off stage or something... anyways, thanx for telling me what the stroy was really about

sstVideo

Reaction score
Actually, Barney is living proof that birds are really justevolved dinosours that are much further evolved.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Originally posted by sstVideo
Actually, Barney is living proof that birds are really justevolved dinosours that are much further evolved.
Now that's funny!

Still, while I'm all for evolution (it seems perfectly clear that humans evolved from monkeys and some of us are still living off scum at the bottom of the swamp) I'm not ready to admit Big Bird is related to Barney, even if it a connection seperated by a few hundred million years.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Hehe, I'm with Ms. Quilter. Bird is WAY too cool to be related to Barney. Even if Big Bird is an evolved form of a dinosaur, Barney would NOT be the base of that evolution chain. :smile:

-Matt

manoftheSTREET

Reaction score
Posted by ssetta: It was part of something that was done for PBS. It was a flix of a bunch of children's characters together, and Big Bird did not push Barney off stage. They were actually together on stage for the first and last time. In the background, they played the song "We Are Family" by Sister Sledge. The point of it was so that all characters from all shows love each other. They are not enemies.

My response: (Jon Lovitz voice) ACTING! (Regular voice) In my mind, I envision Big Bird challenging Barney to a fight and stomping that Purple Pain back to the Stone Age (pun intended).

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff