Big Birds Nest For Sale

Gomphrie

Reaction score
Hello,
I built Big Bird's nest while working in the art department of "The Adventures OF Elmo In Grouchland" in 1998 and would like to pass it along. I have tried to sell Big Birds nest in the past with no luck, not many people have room for it I suppose. It has been in the garage since I returned from NC where the movie was made.
I will entertain (serious) offers if anyone is interested.
I can email photos or more info or proof of authenticity to anyone interested in buying it.
Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!
G:smile:

zns

Reaction score
:smile: Not bad. Although I have one question about it. How much is the cost?:confused:

Gomphrie

Reaction score
I have no idea a value.

It is time to move on as I feel it is just sitting there not bringing someone, somewhere some happiness.
Couldnt just throw it away...a friend suggested I put it back in the woods where I got the vines and let a real Big Bird live in it! Not a bad idea!

BEAR

Reaction score
Gomphrie said:
I have no idea a value.

It is time to move on as I feel it is just sitting there not bringing someone, somewhere some happiness.
Couldnt just throw it away...a friend suggested I put it back in the woods where I got the vines and let a real Big Bird live in it! Not a bad idea!

I am seriously considering this if it is for real, Gomphrie. I don't know how much i can pay you, but maybe we can work something out. Having Big Bird's nest would make me the happiest person ever. I could die in that thing a happy Sesame Seed. LOL! Ask anyone here who knows me. That thing would be prided.

Gomphrie

Reaction score
I understand (sort of!). I was really proud to build thsi for the big guy and you can tell by the drawing from Caroll, that BB was too.

That brings to mind, last year I thought about trying to contact Caroll to see if he wanted it. I heard he was working on a puppet theater at his home.
Maybe someone in the group has a contact for him? I tried searching many sites for contact info but none direct and no emails were returned that I sent.
Any ideas>?
Gomphrie

BEAR

Reaction score
Gomphrie said:
I understand (sort of!). I was really proud to build thsi for the big guy and you can tell by the drawing from Caroll, that BB was too.

That brings to mind, last year I thought about trying to contact Caroll to see if he wanted it. I heard he was working on a puppet theater at his home.
Maybe someone in the group has a contact for him? I tried searching many sites for contact info but none direct and no emails were returned that I sent.
Any ideas>?
Gomphrie

If you really would rather give it to Mr. Spinney, I completely understand. He deserves to have first crack at it before anybody. He has his own website that maybe you can contact him throught the email there.

doctort13

Reaction score
Caroll is listed in Puppeteers of America membership listing. I am a member, as is Caroll, and could email his contact info. Send me a private message if you wish.

Luke

Reaction score
You could always donate it to a museum, i think there is a touring Sesame exhibit or something.