Big Bird's Teddy

maxdrive

Reaction score
is radar the teddy bear named after radar from mash. I ask because one thing about radar from mash was he too had a teddy bear.

Jenny

Reaction score
Radar

Hi, :smile: Yep, he is. I just looked it up. The person who played Big Bird, and the actor who played Radar on Mash met on Hollywood Squares. They got along so well that she named the teddy bear after him.

maxdrive

Reaction score
thats really cool and it fits if you ever watch mash radar does have a teddy bear.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Yup, Big Bird's teddy bear is named after Gary Burghoff's character, 'Radar', on "M*A*S*H". Caroll Spinney met Burghoff during an appearance on 'Hollywood Squares'. They became friends, and Caroll decided to name his character's bear 'Radar'.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh, one other little thing to point out... Big Bird's puppeteer... Caroll Spinney is a man.
Just saying cause of the above post implying Caroll Spinney was a woman, which he clearly isn't.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Jenny

Reaction score
OH! lol. I saw the first name and figured it was a girl. Forgive me, lol. I'm only human :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nah, don't worry about it Jenny. S'okay.
Hope you have a good time here on the forums.
Check out all the games, including the threads about "Make Way in the Bathtubs!", "Welcome to Muppet College Pools", and of course the "Muppet College Dorms".
Have a great time here on the forums.