Big changes for Season 36

Drtooth

Reaction score
With the launch of Sesame street's season 35 days away, plans are already being cast for the next season, 36. Such changes will merge the old show's ideals with the new show's. Amoung other things, expect more classic charactrers to reappear, mostly recast.

Though none of the on the street segments have been written yet, a lot of taped inserts have been filmed and planned. In old episodes, cartoon characters like Superman, Jughead, and Pink Panther madde appearances to teach letters and or numbers. going back to that form, there are plans to have inserts with PBS's Arthur, the Fairly Oddparents, and even the Simpsons, making a second appearance.

Amoung celebrity guests, expect to see the cast of That 70's Show to star in a "Monster Piece Theater" skit called "That 7 Show" where everything is about 7. Also making appearances are Robin Williams in new skits, Jamie Kennedy, Drew carey, and Mark Hamil (but not as Luke Skywalker).

Returning characters will include Don Music, now performed by Matt Vogel. because of Parental complaints, the character will not bang his head on the piano, but rather pound his fists on it, and moan. Sesame workshop has even worked out a deal with Disney, so Kermit the frog will finnaly hop back on his lillypad on Sesame Street, albiet for a few small appearances. Snuffy's Sister Alice will also make a comeback, in a skit about little sisters (with baby Bear's sister Curly).

The format change will be big too. Elmo's world will now be a few minutes shorter, letting go of the "talk to Kids" portions. Monster Club house and Hero guy tested badly,, and will be canned. Journey to Ernie tested better with Bert trying to find ernie, and getting increasingly frustraited until he solves the Puzzle. Though word has it, other characters will look for him as well.

Also, with the cancellation of Sagwa and Dragontales, Sesame workshop has enough funds free to produce 52 episodes (twice as much as the last 2 seasons) to air, with older episodes (from up to 3 years ago, so far) in the mix to keep kids entertaines, and not bored with reruns.

Oh... and check out you're calendar...

....cause you've been APRIL FOOLED! :stick_out_tongue:

Erine81981

Reaction score
U got me. that was bad but good. U really had me happy now I'm ****** and is any of this true or is some of it true. Please tell me now. I'm ****** because I was really hoping to see that happen. Oh u u u I don't know what to think of u know. Its fine but I was really hoping to see that. U got me good. Good one. (sigh) :sympathy:

ssetta

Reaction score
Wow. That really hurt. I didn't even see the bottom in the first place. Listen, there are some April Fool jokes that are not very funny at all, and this is one of them. You don't mess with Sesame Street.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
so they did make a deal with disny, what kind of deal can you explain it a little more i find all this very confusing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It was a joke.

Sorry ssetta... I've had worse pulled on me...

Besides... I actually have a secret agenda with this message..... I'm trying to get SW to read this and give them ideass!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
:mad: :mad: :mad:

I had a few choice words for `ya - that thankfully MC would change to ***** - because I almost included some of this in a legitimate blurb about Sesame news I was writing for my blog. Thankfully I went back here to check the source of the info and read the last line. Still not laughing here though.

jediX

Reaction score
ssetta said:
Listen, there are some April Fool jokes that are not very funny at all, and this is one of them.
:rolleyes: riiiiiight.... Not funny would be "Sesame Street Cancelled -- To Be Replaced With Fear Factor Hosted By Elmo". Cruel? No. Hilarious? Not really. Mean? Meh. But honestly, how can anyone believe ANY stories posted today :wink: For crying out loud, look how many Kermit avatars are out there right now lol

Nice ideas in that, though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maaaaaaannnnnnnn, you had me goin'! You should've seen me, I was jumping for joy that Kermit was returning to Sesame Street, but when I read it was an April Fool's joke, boy was I steaming mad! Besides, I don't think they would bring back retired Muppets. Anyway, I think (and I know alot of you will disagree with me) but honestly, I think 26 episodes per season is enough, I mean my goodness, 52 episodes is how long most shows last these days. Well, my final words are this.....................DON'T PULL ANOTHER JOKE LIKE THIS AGAIN!!! Shuh-ee-eesh! BTW, why is everyone using Philip's avatar all of the sudden?

jediX

Reaction score
Go check erine's joke "I hate Muppets" thread or the "avvie" thread for why we did it :wink:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Courage-Bagge said:
Maaaaaaannnnnnnn, you had me goin'! You should've seen me, I was jumping for joy that Kermit was returning to Sesame Street, but when I read it was an April Fool's joke, boy was I steaming mad! Besides, I don't think they would bring back retired Muppets. Anyway, I think (and I know alot of you will disagree with me) but honestly, I think 26 episodes per season is enough, I mean my goodness, 52 episodes is how long most shows last these days. Well, my final words are this.....................DON'T PULL ANOTHER JOKE LIKE THIS AGAIN!!! Shuh-ee-eesh! BTW, why is everyone using Philip's avatar all of the sudden?
why would you say 26 new shows are enough? years ago they used to make more than that.