1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Big changes for Season 36

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Drtooth, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

With the launch of Sesame street's season 35 days away, plans are already being cast for the next season, 36. Such changes will merge the old show's ideals with the new show's. Amoung other things, expect more classic charactrers to reappear, mostly recast.

Though none of the on the street segments have been written yet, a lot of taped inserts have been filmed and planned. In old episodes, cartoon characters like Superman, Jughead, and Pink Panther madde appearances to teach letters and or numbers. going back to that form, there are plans to have inserts with PBS's Arthur, the Fairly Oddparents, and even the Simpsons, making a second appearance.

Amoung celebrity guests, expect to see the cast of That 70's Show to star in a "Monster Piece Theater" skit called "That 7 Show" where everything is about 7. Also making appearances are Robin Williams in new skits, Jamie Kennedy, Drew carey, and Mark Hamil (but not as Luke Skywalker).

Returning characters will include Don Music, now performed by Matt Vogel. because of Parental complaints, the character will not bang his head on the piano, but rather pound his fists on it, and moan. Sesame workshop has even worked out a deal with Disney, so Kermit the frog will finnaly hop back on his lillypad on Sesame Street, albiet for a few small appearances. Snuffy's Sister Alice will also make a comeback, in a skit about little sisters (with baby Bear's sister Curly).

The format change will be big too. Elmo's world will now be a few minutes shorter, letting go of the "talk to Kids" portions. Monster Club house and Hero guy tested badly,, and will be canned. Journey to Ernie tested better with Bert trying to find ernie, and getting increasingly frustraited until he solves the Puzzle. Though word has it, other characters will look for him as well.

Also, with the cancellation of Sagwa and Dragontales, Sesame workshop has enough funds free to produce 52 episodes (twice as much as the last 2 seasons) to air, with older episodes (from up to 3 years ago, so far) in the mix to keep kids entertaines, and not bored with reruns.

Oh... and check out you're calendar...

....cause you've been APRIL FOOLED! :p
  2. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

U got me. that was bad but good. U really had me happy now I'm ****** and is any of this true or is some of it true. Please tell me now. I'm ****** because I was really hoping to see that happen. Oh u u u I don't know what to think of u know. Its fine but I was really hoping to see that. U got me good. Good one. (sigh) :sympathy:
  3. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Wow. That really hurt. I didn't even see the bottom in the first place. Listen, there are some April Fool jokes that are not very funny at all, and this is one of them. You don't mess with Sesame Street.
  4. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

so they did make a deal with disny, what kind of deal can you explain it a little more i find all this very confusing.
  5. Drtooth

It was a joke.

Sorry ssetta... I've had worse pulled on me...

Besides... I actually have a secret agenda with this message..... I'm trying to get SW to read this and give them ideass!
  6. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I had a few choice words for `ya - that thankfully MC would change to ***** - because I almost included some of this in a legitimate blurb about Sesame news I was writing for my blog. Thankfully I went back here to check the source of the info and read the last line. Still not laughing here though.
  7. jediX

jediX Active Member

:rolleyes: riiiiiight.... Not funny would be "Sesame Street Cancelled -- To Be Replaced With Fear Factor Hosted By Elmo". Cruel? No. Hilarious? Not really. Mean? Meh. But honestly, how can anyone believe ANY stories posted today ;) For crying out loud, look how many Kermit avatars are out there right now lol

Nice ideas in that, though.
  8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Maaaaaaannnnnnnn, you had me goin'! You should've seen me, I was jumping for joy that Kermit was returning to Sesame Street, but when I read it was an April Fool's joke, boy was I steaming mad! Besides, I don't think they would bring back retired Muppets. Anyway, I think (and I know alot of you will disagree with me) but honestly, I think 26 episodes per season is enough, I mean my goodness, 52 episodes is how long most shows last these days. Well, my final words are this.....................DON'T PULL ANOTHER JOKE LIKE THIS AGAIN!!! Shuh-ee-eesh! BTW, why is everyone using Philip's avatar all of the sudden?
  9. jediX

jediX Active Member

Go check erine's joke "I hate Muppets" thread or the "avvie" thread for why we did it ;)
  10. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

why would you say 26 new shows are enough? years ago they used to make more than that.
  11. Drtooth

I cannot believe I actually fooled you people. I thought you knew that by me not posting an actual press release, you'd know it was a joke.

I guess I should have included the Janet Jackson joke I had in my original draft!

But then again... since I included Jamie Kennedy as a guest star, be THANKFUL it's a joke!

Sorry guys! :halo:
  12. Drtooth

Oh... and Phil? If you can move this to the fun and games section and put "April Fools" in front of the title, we can clear up confusion later.
  13. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

You needn't be sorry of anything, Drtooth. I thought it was a great piece of fan-fiction and a fine job of April Fooling, which was more than appropriate to do on a day like yesterday. I applaud you.

Come on, everyone applaud this guy! He really knows his Sesame stuff! :) :p :( :grouchy:
  14. Don_Music_2004

Don_Music_2004 New Member

You know the idea about Don Music being brought back and banging his fists on piano instead of his head is a very good idea and I think the Sesame Street writers should consider that. Also the idea of having different charachters look for Ernie and JTE, instead of just Big Bird all the time is also a great idea. Drtooth may have played an awful joke on us, but he did come up with some excellent ideas.
  15. Ryan

Ryan New Member

It was pretty obvious this was fake, guys.
  16. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Drtooth u should write this in a letter and send it to SS.
  17. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Workshop or any other company is not allowed to take any outside consideration for productions.
  18. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Actually, I do agree that those are great ideas. But I believed them at first, and I got upset when I found out that it was just an April Fool joke.
  19. FragglettesMom

FragglettesMom New Member

I agree, don"t mess with Sesame.
  20. Are we going to see Guy Smiley in Season 36?