BIG Pitch Meeting

Brooklyn

Reaction score
Hi Gang,

I'm feeling pretty good about a pitch meeting I have to introduce my kid's tv show concept to a top children's network this coming week. I thought I would just throw it out there to you all to see what, if any, advice or suggestions you may have from prior experience for my mtg.

fingers and toes crossed and best to you all

Brooklyn

Reaction score
Thanks FraggleM and ILikeM. To say that I have been inspired by Jim Henson and the puppeteers is an understatement. I look forward to the day that I can be part of the process, and bring quality, fun, exciting educational television to our youth. Adding a couple of my favorite characters here, just because - -

:stick_out_tongue::frown:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Just remember that Jim Henson got rejected when he pitched the Muppet Show, the biggest show in the history of television was rejected by all the major networks. I eam they liked the pitch and all, they just didn't know what to do with it and could not see it working as a weekely TV series.But Jim looked of the bright side and because while they didn't know what to do with the show, they all laughed at it. And he said something to the tune of "What we set out to do was to try to make people laugh and that's what we accomplished" So if it can make theses serious execs laugh, then who much more somebody with a sense of humor? But don't give up hope.

Brooklyn

Reaction score
My meeting went very well, got me really pumped. Granted, baby steps but feel like things are moving.

Brooklyn

Reaction score
just to add upon that - -

Sure, I have been developing a children's tv program now - off and on - for about 2 years. I have sent my pitch book out to various production companies and networks, I did get a lot of replies back with positive encouragement. My meeting this week was one where they hadn't seen ANYTHING for the show, and there really were impressed. It was just a first step. Next steps? I have to reach out to production companies to gather interest to get financing, etc. and I can then go back to the network to see if their schedule would have an opening when we are ready to go. All in all, i was quite pleased -- and pumped about it.