1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"Big Yellow Bowl" Puppet Video

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Don Music, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Don Music

Don Music New Member

2. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

i like your monster puppet :). over all very well done.
  3. Don Music

Don Music New Member

Thank you RF! Means a lot... I'm a great admirer of your work. :D

-Eric
  4. Melonpool

Melonpool Member

I liked it as well. And that song's been stuck in my head since I listened to it yesterday. ;)
  5. Don Music

Don Music New Member

Ha, greatness thanks! I've got to credit my fiancé Camille for the tune... she's good with busting out a catchy melody. :) I just helped out with playing instruments and whatnot.

Btw, to add to the shameless self promotion, if you're interested in hearing more of her/our music, you can find it here:

http://www.myspace.com/fishingforcomets
  6. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Quick question.

How do you make a mouth like you did for the monster? I've been trying to do something like that for a while now.
  7. Don Music

Don Music New Member

The body is a giant half-oval of foam that I cut a slit across the front for the mouth, and I glued a long piece of foam along the bottom lip to give him an underbite. The upper side of the mouth plate is a piece of hard plastic. There is no lower piece, so it takes two hands to operate the mouth. Hope that makes sense!

-Eric
  8. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

That would explain it! I was trying to make it work with only one hand.

Thanks!
  9. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

Yeah, I have the song stuck in my head too. :)
  10. Really great video. I just did the same thing for a friend who sings kids songs, but they spent about 1% of the time setting things up that you did.

There's a couple videos showing the making of this fine film and you get to see how the monster puppet looks behind the stage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYeJJOGalus