"Big Yellow Bowl" Puppet Video

Don Music

Reaction score
Thank you RF! Means a lot... I'm a great admirer of your work. :big_grin:

-Eric

Melonpool

Reaction score
I liked it as well. And that song's been stuck in my head since I listened to it yesterday. :wink:

Don Music

Reaction score
Ha, greatness thanks! I've got to credit my fiancé Camille for the tune... she's good with busting out a catchy melody. :smile: I just helped out with playing instruments and whatnot.

Btw, to add to the shameless self promotion, if you're interested in hearing more of her/our music, you can find it here:

http://www.myspace.com/fishingforcomets

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Quick question.

How do you make a mouth like you did for the monster? I've been trying to do something like that for a while now.

Don Music

Reaction score
The body is a giant half-oval of foam that I cut a slit across the front for the mouth, and I glued a long piece of foam along the bottom lip to give him an underbite. The upper side of the mouth plate is a piece of hard plastic. There is no lower piece, so it takes two hands to operate the mouth. Hope that makes sense!

-Eric

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
The body is a giant half-oval of foam that I cut a slit across the front for the mouth, and I glued a long piece of foam along the bottom lip to give him an underbite. The upper side of the mouth plate is a piece of hard plastic. There is no lower piece, so it takes two hands to operate the mouth. Hope that makes sense!

-Eric
That would explain it! I was trying to make it work with only one hand.

Thanks!

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
Really great video. I just did the same thing for a friend who sings kids songs, but they spent about 1% of the time setting things up that you did.

There's a couple videos showing the making of this fine film and you get to see how the monster puppet looks behind the stage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYeJJOGalus