1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Bill Baretta Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Salmoto, Feb 3, 2003.

1. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

I don't think Bill has that kind of power.

Secondly, Pepe may be "easier" to write for because these writers have never written for Rowlf before. They can watch ever episode of TMS, every movie, every special, but they may never "know" Rowlf. They may understand Pepe a little bit more. He's newer and he hasn't been cemented in the hearts and minds of the people of the world...
  2. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

he's cemented in mine....well superglued...i was too lazy to mix cement!

Sarah
  3. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

True, but I was talking about the people who are super Muppet fans. You know the kind who ask, "What's the name of those old guys in the balcony?"
  4. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

oh! the ones that make me angry cause they ask rediculous questions........but at least they try! maybe if they try they can be great muppet fans

and as i have said before i think pepe is building a younger hipper fan base........more of us younger people can relate with him...cause he is the man!

Sarah
  5. RockSTAR girl

RockSTAR girl Member

i just like pepe because Bill sounds so darn cute when he says "okay".

awwwww

now i have to go watch the behind the scenes on KSY again just to see Bill, look he makes me smile :) :) :) :) ....:D
  6. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

yeah....well he makes me EXPLODE with happiness!!!!!!!!!

Sarah
  7. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Isn't it weird how there's this thread about Bill, and we're not the ones who started it (and we haven't posted a whole lot)...

BBB!
  8. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

borrowing bill? how long we talking here?

and what are you going to do with him??? i don't think he wants to be a captive!

he's got stuff to do!

yeah right i want to borrow him too!!!!!!:D

Sarah
  9. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

What? Those are the real hardcore fans...the ones who put up old Muppet stuff on ebay with the words 'Fonzie and Rover rare Jim Henderson lot!' LOL

Anyways, my fave bill moment in recent times...Joe the Armadillo trying to take over his trailer on the KSY dvd...That was too much!
  10. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

I have yet to see the KSY DVD (I'm not going to *buy* it. I have better ways to waste my money). The video store I always go to doesn't have it (they have better prices than Blockbuster. Plus no membership fees), and I'm too lazy to go to Blockbuster (first, I have to drive there. Then once I get there I'll have to wait *forever* to leave because it's on a busy street, and it takes like 3 hours for me to pull out of there)...
  11. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Oh Emmy...me thinks youve been posioned by the KSY feature...as I can tell you straight up, the KSY dvd is PURE GOLD! Forget the feature(well the live life as a pet thingy was great)

The special features ALONE warrant a purchase of the KSY dvd...from Joes encounter with Bill and all the backstage area(truly one of the funniest Muppet things in YEARS) to the Kermit interview, to the deleted scenes(WOW...cants ay enough about those) to all the other extra stuff...its definately worth the purchase for any Muppet fan out there.
  12. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Well I'm just worried about buying KSY (bad, bad, bad, bad. I mean *I* can write stuff better than that, and I have too, lol).

If I work up enough courage, I might get it soon... maybe...
  13. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

I LOVED THE DELETED SCENES!

my favorite ones were

the weak knees one

the how'd i get in here

and the you got us lost you loser!! (i don't know why but i break into hysterical laughter when i hear it)

Sarah
  14. Jackie

Jackie New Member

Actually yes, LOL!! What is the world coming to?
  15. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

True, but we do have our IM chats, LOL!!!

:D
  16. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

the world probably isn't ready for transcripts of that!!!!:eek:

Sarah
  17. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Indeed.

But it sure would answer a lot of questions (that we aren't willing to answer, lol)...
  18. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

i think pepe is already cemented in the hearts of a lot of people who like the muppets..

personally, i think the writers need to write rowlf in more just to get to "know" him more..put pepe on hiatus for a while..that's what i would do..

ryan
  19. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

I can see where you're coming from, but why does Pepe have to be put on hiatus. Can't he perform *both* characters?
  20. Jackie

Jackie New Member

That's why IM chats are private! LOL!