1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Bill Baretta as Kermits 'handler' according to article

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Farron, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Farron

Farron Member

Just reading through the various articles I could find after Jason and Kermits stay in Australia, and found one that says it is Bill that is beside Kermit and not Steve. That surprised me. I don't know everything that goes on but I never knew Bill helped out with Kermit? Furthermore the article states it was he who took over from Jim, and not Steve and surely that is incorrect.

Outside of all that though it is a somewhat interesting piece, with Kermit saying Muppets From Space was his fave! :)

Anyway you can have a read here (although they may make some edits soon once they realise the mistakes): http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/movies/green-keen-and-back-on-screen-20120105-1pllv.html
  2. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

I'm guessing this was a typo, seeing as it no longer says "Bill Barretta" and, instead, "Steve Whitmire". My guess is the journalist got their facts wrong and has since changed it. I'm sure there was a compliant or two already.
  3. Farron

Farron Member

Yep.. already fixed!

I guess this piece is no longer all that relevant, but I was thinking perhaps Bill had made the trip to Australia and was doing some Kermit as well on this occasion considering he also did Rowlf and Teeth after Henson.
  4. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Nah. From all that I've read/seen, Steve's the only one who's done Kermit since Jim passed on, and I'm sure it'll continue to stay that way until Steve retires one day. :)
  5. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I guess the Kermit swapping incident with Artie a couple of years ago has been forgotten, which led to the "One voice/one performer" protest.
  6. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Didn't that start with the Muppet auditions Disney held several years ago? I went, but sadly didnt even get a chance to do my voices. :( Woulda been fun (not to mention a dream come true) to be a Muppeteer!
  7. Muppetfan2011

Muppetfan2011 Member

No matter who does Kermit these days is pretty close to Jim's but then maybe a littke different thn jim's as well
  8. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

You went to the auditions? Where was it?
    muppetlover123 likes this.