Bill Scott

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS'S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

This week's V/A focus is the late Bill Scott. (1920-1985) Bill was a producer and writer for Jay Ward studios. The stuidos that brought us Rocky and Bullwinkle, Dudley Do-Right, George of the Jungle, and Hoppity Hooper. Bill also provided many voices for those series, including his most famous voice, Bullwinkle J. Moose. But he always went uncredited in the voice credits. I think Bill does the most silliest voices in animation. :smile:

CAP'N CRUNCH COMMERCIALS: Jean Lafoote, Lafoote Jr., Dave, Harry S. Hippo, Smedley the Elephant, Crunchberry Beast, Chockle the Blob, Seadog, Koko the Seal
DUDLEY DO-RIGHT: Dudley Do-right, Homer
GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE: George, Shep, Native Witch Doctor, Tooki-Tooki Bird
THE GERALD McBOING BOING SHOW(1956): Narrator, The Sleuth
GUMMI BEARS: Gruffi, Toadwart, Ogres, Sir Tuxford(first season voices)
HOPPITY HOOPER: Filmore
PEABODY'S IMPROBABLE HISTORY: Mr. Peabody
QUISP AND QUAKE COMMERCIALS: Simon the Quangaroo
ROCKY AND BULLWINKLE: Bullwinkle, Fearless Leader, Chauncey, Gidney, Captain Peachfuzz(first voice)
SUPER CHICKEN: Super Chicken
TOM SLICK: Tom Slick, Gertie Growler
WUZZLES: Moosel, Brat

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Corrections: Bill Scott was never the voice of Fearless Leader, nor Capt. Peachfuzz on Rocky and Bullwinkle. It's been confirmed that Paul Frees did those voices.

Xerus

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Corrections: Bill Scott was never the voice of Fearless Leader, nor Capt. Peachfuzz on Rocky and Bullwinkle. It's been confirmed that Paul Frees did those voices.
Actually, I read that Bill was the first voice of Capt. Peachfuzz in the first season, then Paul Frees took over that role. I've noticed that the Captain's voice changed later in the series.

And I always thought Bill did Fearless Leader. Even the sites I visited said that Bill did FL.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, Captain Peachfuzz's voice does change after season 1, but sources say it's still Paul Frees, as well as Fearless Leader.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And now to post...

The one show from all of those that I really did follow was The Wuzzles. There were some characters that never got their names mentioned, so I just threw some out there.
Brat was probably the best, Animal-like. The episoe where Butterbear converts him from a rude beast into a sophisticated gentlemonster is possibly one of the best from the series.

Super Chicken... Can still do the buckack battle cry.
You think Sesame knew of this classic cartoon when they brought in their own Super Chicken character the last few seasons?

Peabody, always enjoyed his misadventures through history.
You think Bill Scoot also voiced the Peabody-like character in the US Acres episode in Garfield and Friends where the barnyard animals' grandfathers discovered and closed down the chocolate mountain mine?

Good stuff X, hope for more next week.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hmm, at first if could have a reference to the Jay Ward cartoon, but I'm not sure when she was featured as a character.

Xerus

Reaction score
Yeah, I remember the Brat character. He reminded me a lot of the Tasmanian Devil. But I could never figure out what combined animals Brat was.

And Moosel was pretty neat too. This was another time Bill Scott voiced a moose character. Actually a moose/seal combination.

I saw the Super Chicken version on Sesame Street. Maybe he's the original Super Chicken's son?

Peabody, always enjoyed his misadventures through history.
You think Bill Scoot also voiced the Peabody-like character in the US Acres episode in Garfield and Friends where the barnyard animals' grandfathers discovered and closed down the chocolate mountain mine?

I don't think so. Garfiend and Friends first aired in 1988 and Bill passed away in 1985.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Super Chicken from SS is a female chicken.
Me thinks Brat was a combination Tasmanian devil/wart hog.
Thanks for the info... Keep up the good job.