Billy Barkhurst

ShMuppetgal96

Reaction score
Well, I think Billy's Ernie still sounds like Johnny's. It's still taking me some getting used to.

It's definitely hard when performers leave and get replaced- I'm still adjusting to Ryan doing Elmo

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember Johnny T's Ernie, and that I have to disagree with, I don't hear the similarities. If anything, Johnny T's Ernie sounded like an imitation of Steve's Ernie . . . think like how Marty's Telly first started out trying to sound like an imitation of Brian's Telly.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
JT didn't do Ernie for very long, but I honestly think he was a much stronger recast than Billy is at this point.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I think Billy is fine. He needs to work on his "Ernie laugh," though; it's too weak.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Johnny T's Ernie laugh wasn't too strong either.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, I never thought Ernie's laugh was so hard to imitate, but I guess it is.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think Billy is fine. He needs to work on his "Ernie laugh," though; it's too weak.
I'm glad he's getting more opportunities to play the character. Unfortunately it's mostly out of the show. Had they used Ernie a lot more since his official recast, I'm sure he'd be much more polished and comfortable.

I'd just like to see more Ernie and Bert used on the show is what I'm saying. Why bother recasting Ernie if the only thing he's going to be used in is going to be overdubbed in another language?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm just hoping that since there's supposed to be more episodes next season, the other characters who were neglected in this season get more screen time. Ernie, Bert, The Count, Baby Bear and Zoe were all sadly underused this year.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I'm just glad Ernie is at least doing something outside the show instead of being regulated to a background character like Herry.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm just hoping that since there's supposed to be more episodes next season, the other characters who were neglected in this season get more screen time. Ernie, Bert, The Count, Baby Bear and Zoe were all sadly underused this year.
I could go on a rant about the small character focus, but the thing that bugs me is that Ernie and Bert, characters that predated Big Bird and even the show's official start, aren't part of that group. I can get why they'd shoo off Baby Bear and Zoe, but Ernie and Bert should have been part of the smaller focus. The Count as well, after all he had a massive comeback in recent years, even when his original performer passed.