Biography Close-Up: Sesame Street DVD

Oliver

Reaction score

BIOGRAPHY CLOSE-UP: SESAME STREET - ON DVD!!!

Click Here!

"It is the quintessential children's program, an exquisite blend of entertainment and education that has fascinated generations of kids. After 32 seasons, it remains fresh, important and popular.

Sesame Street is a TV legend, pure and simple. Jim Henson's vision gave the world Big Bird, the Grouch, Kermit and countless other beloved characters, and has helped millions of kids get a jump start on the alphabet, counting and other essential skills. For this extraordinary portrait, Sesame Street's producers allowed BIOGRAPHY® unrestricted access to all facets of the show's creation, and we'll follow one episode from the first writer's meeting to broadcast to see how it all comes together. Rare footage captures landmark moments, including the never-before-seen pilot episode, and extensive archival interviews with Jim Henson and Frank Oz offer insights into the creators' intentions. Meet the original Kermit (not a frog!) and, for the first time, see Muppeteers working their beloved characters.

An extraordinary chronicle of a landmark show, this BIOGRAPHY® belongs in the collection of anyone who has ever gone to Sesame Street."

This DVD is one of the many titles in our DVD Library and is created in the DVD+R format. This disc does not feature menu pages or special features like standard DVDs, simply the high quality programming you've come to expect from us. Click here for more details.

:excited:

Oliver

Reaction score
This includes the original Pilot Episode of Sesame Street!

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Yeah, I've known about that for awhile. It doesn't contain the whole pilot, just a few scenes from it. But take it from me, that DVD is still worth every penny, even if you wait four months for it (like I had to, unfortunately).

Oliver

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Boober, I was just browsing A&E's online store and came accross so many amazing exclusives... but this really caught me by surprise!

Is the focus strictly on vintage Sesame and the evolution of the show, etc or does it delve into the modern series as well which most of us could care less about?

Eitherway, I'm so happy to learn this is on DVD!

I'll be placing an order tomorrow morning the second I wake up!

:smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I take it that 2-3 business days is four months? Sheesh.