Birthday Party Ideas...Need Help

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
Next month my husband is turning 35. I want to throw him a surprise party or something of the sort but the problem is that other than my friends, he only has one that he still talks to or is in our area. I don't know what to do. Is a party a bad idea? I wished they had some sort of adult Chuck E. Cheese type thing...but really they have nothing fun in our area to do. I even thought a lazer tag party but that sort of thing closed down. My husband is a 12 year old trapped in a grown person's body sometimes so this has been difficult trying to figure something out.

Idea's are welcome!!!!!!

Thanks,
Angela

booberbets

Reaction score
I'm having a birthday pretty soon too, and I live in a college student-dominated area, so I'm dealing with a whole bunch of youngins trapped in adult's bodies as well. :smile: I suggest cooking a lot of food and thowing a casual shindig where people can just come and go as they please. Its a great way to make new friends and establish yourself as a socialite without spending a lot of money. If you wanna go the extra mile, themed parties can be fun too, and can have an adult spin to them. Last year everyone knew I liked rubber duckies so I ended up having a duckie party. Choose a specific interest of your husband and make it the theme. Hope this helps!

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
Thanks.......you have some good ideas! Hope you have a great party yourself!!!!!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I see you're in Alabama and you mentioned lazer tag; have you also considered paintball? It's not the greatest time of the year for it, but it's still butt-loads (I can't stop saying that word!) of fun. They rent guns, masks and all the other stuff required to play. A new fad now is also race car lessons where for a day, he can learn to drive an actuall race car. You may have to drive an hour or so in most cases for a place like these but it may be well worth it.

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
Mobile has NOTHING down here. They closed up all the Paintball/lazer tag/go-cart/and any other fun thing around here. We have a mini golf which is run down.

Mobile stinks!!! LOL

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Gees, that sucks. How about you and him then just go to your local K-Mart or Sports Authority, buy all the paintball equipment you need and then run in the woods and have a game yourselves! That's what we used to do... until the police made us stop and made it state law that it was illegal... :cry:

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
That is an idea.......when we went to Academy last week he was looking at Paintball stuff.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Paintball is the most fun ever. You can get a pump action gun with 2 C02 cartridges (approximately forty shots a cartridge) and a mask for about $20 - $35 at K-Mart or a sport's store. Then just buy a box of 20 C02 cartridges for like $5. So you pump the gun, fire one round and then pump again to fire another.

The other way to go is get an automatic (very very expensive) or semi-automatic gun (usually start between $30 - $70) which requires an air tank (should be included) which needs to be filled at a retailer. Usually stores that sell air canisters for paintball guns fill them too. You can get anywhere from 70 to 500 shots from a canister depending on how big of a tank you buy. Automatic means you just hold down the trigger and the gun'll unload paintballs one after the other. Semi-automatic means you just pull the trigger for every ball you shoot.

Your best bet is to get the pump guns if you decide to go run around in the woods or something because otherwise you'd have to go back to the store to get your tanks refilled or if you were at a paintball arena, back to the pro shop.

Otherwise; to just go in the woods and play you'll need:
• Pump action paintball gun w/ mask - $20
• Additional CO2 cartridges - $5
• Large box of paintballs - $40 (you can get the cheap painballs, so that's like 3000 for that price. They may break in your gun so you might have to clean them out every once in awhile to clean the barrel of the gun)
• Barrel cleaner - (sometimes inluded w/ pump gun) $3
• Painball holster canister(s) - $8 (This is to hold your spare paintballs while you're running around. It's a hard plastic tube you clip on your belt. You could also just stick 'em in a bag and carry 'em around, but you risk breaking them or just run back and fourth to the box every time you need to reload)
• Hopper - $6 (A hopper is what holds your rounds. Most pump guns come with a hopper that'll hold ten rounds/paintballs. If you're trigger happy like most beginners, you'll empty that real fast, so you may want to pick up a hopper that'll hold like a hundred or so balls)

If you get the pump, one little tid bit you should know is that after you use up all the air in a C02 cartridge, be careful when you take it out because it'll be colder then ice. And speaking of cold, if you play this time of year, the cold air will harden the paintballs so when you get hit it's gonna' hurt more!

EDIT - As far as where to buy this stuff, if you have a flea market around you, check out there first. You can get better deals and the staff is usually more inclined to give you some tips.

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
Hey Vic you wouldn't know anything about Paintball guns would ya??? LOL

just kidding.......that does sound like a way to go. And funny you should mention the flea market....that is where I work on weekends.....hahahahaha

booberbets

Reaction score
I think it is so wrong that I have never done paintball. It sounds like wicked fun.