Blast from the Past!: A Memories Thread

SSLFan

Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to create a thread based on things we find that's in relation to our childhood. I pretty much like to go on Youtube to dig up old stuff. So, does anyone remember this tv show?:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cgV3vdOT09I

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Sure, I remember it, but I didn't think it was old. I seem to remember me being older when it was on the TV while my aunt was babysitting. Could it have been something else?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I used to be addicted to that show!

I'm trying to think of things that aren't too Canada specific so you guys don't all roll your eyes at me. :coy:

Umm... http://youtube.com/watch?v=WjpVQbNpGKo
AAHHHHH! BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY!

Billlllllllllll Nyeeeeeeeeee the Science Guyyyyyyyyyyy
BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL!

BILL NYE THE SCIENE GUY!

......................... Science rules............................

Gosh, when I was in elementary school, they would show us Bill Nye the Science Guy videos all the time, I'm assuming, to make science a bit more fun for us, even though a lot of my classmates by Grades 4 and 5 began to see less and less educational value from him.

Then I remember from Grade 9 my first four weeks still in public school, our science teacher showed us videos of this kind of Bill Nye competitor, and he had two sidekicks: one was usually a nerdy little lab girl, while the other was a big, fat, hairy man in a rat costume.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Oh my gosh! BILL NYE ROCKS! I never quite understood a lot of it, but my brother was the book worm/science geek when we were little (oh how the tables have turned....)

Snowth, the other show is called "Beakman's World". Really bizarre, but informative.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Snowth, the other show is called "Beakman's World". Really bizarre, but informative.
Oh yeah, now I remember! Yeah, it was really bizarre, but it was rather amusing, especially Mr. Look-At-Me-I'm-A-Big-Round-Man-In-A-Rat-Costume!