Blast from the Past!: A Memories Thread

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Snowth:

Not Zoboomafoo! Kratt's Kreatures was WAY better.

Chipmunks = Awesome!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not Zoboomafoo! Kratt's Kreatures was WAY better.
Yeah, that's the problem: I don't even remember Kratts' Kreatures. I mean, I remember who the Kratts were from that show when Zoboomafoo started, but I don't remember ever watching it, or any of that good stuff.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
My fondest childhood memories involve shows I saw on television. That might sound sad, but I liked them. In addition to things already mentioned, I'll through in a few things.

There used to be a show I would watch that featured performers dressed as animals. I think it took place in a pet shop and as far as I can remember, it was on TLC in the early 90s.

I also remember loving a show called Under the Umbrella Tree. It was charming. The puppets weren't as great as Muppets, but they weren't without charm... at least I loved them when I was a kid. On the same token, let's not forget Dumbo's Circus, Adventures in Wonderland, and Welcome to Pooh Corner! (Can't you tell I grew up with the Disney Channel as a small child?)

Does anyone remember Sharon Lois & Bram's Elephant Show? It used to come on Nick Jr. when I was a very small child. I remember very little about it, but the song from the end. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qUAsuRLXig&feature=related If that doesn't give you sugar coated nightmares, I don't know what will.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Baby Gonzo, I love you!

Both Under the Umbrella Tree and The Elephant Show are Canadian. Someone who shares my memories!

I actually saw Sharon Lois and Bram at a live show when I was a kid, it was great.

Edit: Wait, nightmares? no Way! I still know all the actions to that song.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That was so cool, Snowthy. :smile: I didn't know Shari Lewis did a show like that.
What? Come on! This show was on TV ALL THE TIME between 1998 and 2001! Once in a blue moon they'll air an episode during the early afternoon hours on PBS during the "instructional" period.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Baby Gonzo, I love you!

Both Under the Umbrella Tree and The Elephant Show are Canadian. Someone who shares my memories!

I actually saw Sharon Lois and Bram at a live show when I was a kid, it was great.

Edit: Wait, nightmares? no Way! I still know all the actions to that song.

Don't get me wrong, I adore both of those shows, but I know some people who would look at me in terror and run away if I showed them that. :smirk:

Beakerfan

Reaction score

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Hey, no worries here, Baby Gonzo! :big_grin:

Anyone remember this? Really clever mid 90's cartoon, for your big fat information! :wink: http://youtube.com/watch?v=XCTBHLI4IhY

Edit: Alex, that didn't happen to my computer! The link Snowthy gave you is from Retrojunk.com, which is slow to load but I haven't had problems with it in the past. Sorry your computer spazzed on you!