Blu-ray Deal - Labyrinth & Dark Crystal

bknatchbull

Reaction score

cabbageheat

Reaction score
yeah, picked up the Labyrinth one. But I'm done. Until new material is offered in whatever format comes next....I'm tapped out when it comes to these two films. And by new material, I don't mean "games". Games on bluerays do not classify as "extra features" or "new material".

Laszlo

Reaction score
Games on bluerays do not classify as "extra features" or "new material".
Exactly my opinion. They should release the complete workprint for both movies! (Yep, there IS a longer version of LABYRINTH too!)

cabbageheat

Reaction score
Ya know...at this point, I just don't think its going to happen. We've had, what, 5 to 6 releases of this film? In all formats, and they quickly produced the bluray version with little to no variety or new material, I just don't see them reaching for anything else.

what are they waiting for I wonder? The 35th or 40th Anniversary? Are they holding out for, possibly, the next 2 formats to come in the future? Holograms maybe?

I think these movies are done. Not to sound like a sour-aughra, but far too many releases have slid right under the door with nothing substantial. I don't think we'll ever see those deleted scenes or work-prints, even though there is certainly an audience for them.

And as for Oz's involvement? Uhm...Christ might come back before then.