Board of the Living Dead

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
This board has been a bit dead this week. C'mon! Where is everybody!!! Let's get something GOING...

Here is something that might get some talk started. One of these characters will appear in the first PVC set. You will find out for sure when the first Collector Club newsletter goes out next week (probably Tuesday), but in the meantime you can ponder the possibilities.

Dog Lion
Pepe
Rowlf
Mahna Mahna
Uncle Deadly

Which one is it? Hmmm...

Ok, talk amongst yourselves...I'm verklempt.

incredeeble!

Reaction score
verklempt.... funny

I'll be verklempt if it's not Pepe! I'm banking that it's him. Has to be him. ok so it might not be him. but it would be cool. it would...

the board's been somewhat dead for a couple of weeks now. I think it's time for some more news! Screw saving the suprises for Toyfair! :wink:

fitz3641

Reaction score
Yeah, been pretty quiet around here lately...but luckily I also collect Simpsons figures, and thus I always have another board to visit when it's slow -- I'm sure it'll pick up when Series 2 starts hitting and when this newsletter arrives -- and btw, I'm hoping for Pepe here

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
The whole forums been somewhat slow for a while now.

Oddly enough, my hopes are for Mahna Mahna.

grail

Reaction score
my guess is gonna have to be Mahna Mahna or Uncle Deadly...Rowlf, and Pepe are too big in the "fan favorite" category to get a premiere as anything less than a regular figure (though this could be the "something special" Ken mentioned for the Rowlf release), and Doglion strikes me as too bog a character to put in an assortment (where all the pieces are the same price, regardless of size) until they know the PVC's are going to sell well.

since Mahna Mahna doesn't seem to be a big Henson fave, i'm gonna guess Uncle Deadly.

zachatack

Reaction score
Gosh, please don't kill me, but I don't know what PVC means? Help!

grail

Reaction score
well technically, you could call MOST action-figures PVCs as this is what most of them are made of. but by and large, the term "PVC" in regards to toys means the smaller, posed, representations of a character. like the "Heros of Cybertron" stuff that Hasbro has been putting out recently with Transformers. i'm trying to think of a good example that i can link you to, but i'm drawing blanks...

with the exception of the Tramsformers ones i mentioned, i've never really bought any PVCs...sorry...

Pschtyckque

Reaction score
'Cause I'm lazy, and am not a very good thread digger, where are the PVC's going to be carried? Are they mass market? Collector's Club? Diamond issue?

I need PVC's!!

Joe

Reaction score
my guess is Mahna Mahna, I don't think Ken would be posting(no offence Ken) if it was rowlf, since you'd expect some of the more common characters in it, pepe would need to be the size of a thimble (lol) and doglion and uncle deadly seem to be to obscure to be in the first series of PVCs.

(mostly my guess is based on the fact that Mahna Mahna is on the amazing Muppet CD that just came out (that Muppet Central is giving away in their contest) :smile: )

Joe
(again this is just MY OPINION, and may just be a lot of nonsence)