Bob Barker's Retiring

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
I'm not sure how many of you guys have heard, but this June... Bob Barker's retiring from The Price is Right after 35 yrs. I wonder what's going to happen to the show or who's going to replace him.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Well, he had to retire someday.

My guess is they find a new host, but it doesn't work out well. Then maybe they'll try again. I hope they don't mess with the format of the show too much. It doesn't need jazzing up.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Bob Barker's a robot. He hasn't been alive for the past 20 years. I mean, he outlived both his announcers. That ain't right. I think that without Bob, The Price is Right is just doomed. Even if he dies, I think they should just have a recording of him while they operate him on strings.

Daniel

Andy

Reaction score
Bob was the last connection to my childhood. While I wish him a happy retirement, and continued good health, I still feel a very deep sense of loss. PRICE will never be the same for me again.

furryredmonster

Reaction score
I heard this and am devastated! I wish Bob Barker could live forever and be able to do the Price Is Right forever... :frown:

BEAR

Reaction score
Isn't Prices Right one of, if not the, longest running gameshow of all time? Great show and it hasn't really changed at all since it first started. It has that same hokey 1970s feel and look to it.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
I love the "Price is Right"! I watch it every Saturday morning! Who will host it now!

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Isn't Prices Right one of, if not the, longest running gameshow of all time? Great show and it hasn't really changed at all since it first started. It has that same hokey 1970s feel and look to it.
Yeah, The Price is Right has been around since 1956( the first host was Bill Cullen), and Bob Barker took over in 1972.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
The guy has been doing the show for 35 years, that's a crazy long time.

You know even though he is the host of "The Price is Right" Bob has made so much money though thoes years, that I can't see him in a store guessing the price of a can of cream corn or even buying some for himself, :smile: :wink: .

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Andy said:
Bob was the last connection to my childhood. While I wish him a happy retirement, and continued good health, I still feel a very deep sense of loss. PRICE will never be the same for me again.
Andy said what I was going to say. I will certainly miss bob. Don't tell anyone, but I've got a surprise just for Bob!:wink: