Bob Johnson?

BEAR

Reaction score
I was just searching around on Muppet Wikipedia and it listed Bob McGrath's character as "Bob Johnson". Anybody have any info about that? Is there anything official that can support this. I have never heard of him having that last name before. I just assumed he kept his real last name for the show.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I've noticed that too. I've never heard of him called Bob Johnson. It seems like Muppet Wiki may be making the same mistake that imdb.com makes calling David, David Robinson.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Thought we debunked this a while ago. This is one of the many "small" little errors that crop up regarding Muppet trivia from time to time. Frankly, I'd forget about Bob's character name being "Bob Johnson" and go with "Bob McGrath" as is the actor's name. That's pretty much how I explained it to MuppetWriter when he was posting his SS/Superman crossover story, tributing the explanation to the thread you started about the SS human cast's real names and corresponding actor names Bry.

Hope this helps... Have a good day guys.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I asked about this on the talk page, but nobody responded to that question.

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:
Yeah... Thought we debunked this a while ago. This is one of the many "small" little errors that crop up regarding Muppet trivia from time to time. Frankly, I'd forget about Bob's character name being "Bob Johnson" and go with "Bob McGrath" as is the actor's name. That's pretty much how I explained it to MuppetWriter when he was posting his SS/Superman crossover story, tributing the explanation to the thread you started about the SS human cast's real names and corresponding actor names Bry.

Hope this helps... Have a good day guys.

That's right, Ed. I must have forgotten and just needed another confirmation. I would still like to continue working on that human cast yearbook, possibly including the Muppet characters in it also. It's been a while since I've worked on it, but I may pick it up again. As for Bob, I am going to continue calling him Bob McGrath.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... Guess I'll have to tap you if my Muppet Listing goes to the next step I want to take it to Bry.

Also, that reminds me... You know that there are various Muppet Show Annuals circulating on eBay... And yet, if I remember correctly, in some of the earlier issues of Sesame Street Magazine, there were some adverts towards the back pages with what they claimed to be SS Yearbooks. Anybody know about these?

BEAR

Reaction score
Ed, just to remind you that my cast member yearbook is to include not just a list of the characters/actors, but also the seasons they appeared as well as an extended profile for each one. I guess very similar to the Sesame Street Muppet Encyclopedia that used to exist. We'll talk, Ed. We could even collaborate on this project. :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, no prob Bry... Like I've said, all I can do for now is keep the list as just that. But hopefully, once I'm finished with all my studies and graduated from everything... What can happen is elevate the list from mere list status to the full-blown project I want it to be, including family photo album with a page for each character and then a second text with explanations of who the characters are, who portrayed them, and all of that good stuff.

BEAR

Reaction score
Whoa! That is just what I wanted to do too when I had my idea involving the human cast. Actually that is almost exactly my idea before you even told me this. I thought of eventually including the Sesame Muppet characters also (atleast the principles). Then I was going to make a separate section for each season. Sort of a yearbook format. For each season there would be pics of only those on the show during that time. Profiles of each human cast member and the characters they played, plus pic of the Muppets. I don't want to steal your plans. Like I said, I had this idea long before I realized what you were doing with the Muppet Listings. My project, however was just to be limitted to Sesame Street.