Bob Johnson?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And that's perfectly OK Bry. Me thinks that the hooperfan website has a few early seasonal cast pics, not sure if that place is still in operation or if it became defunct. That's also why I kinda said I could probably tap you to become part of the team should this become a reality. Got some others in mind for the team, bringing the resources together and making the full grandeur of the vision I have for the project, turning the Muppet Listings into the Muppet Universe.
We can talk about this somewhere else though.

Although, if you do go and get some of the old characters both SS human and Muppet by season, that'd help as well since we could answer a few outstanding questions we'd each have.

Have a good day bud.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I would just like to say for the record that if you two both had almost the exact same idea without knowing about each other'ss plans, you were definately meant to work together!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
According to Sesame Street Unpaved (the book), Bob's full name on the show is Bob McGrath... so in other words, Bob is really playing himself. David has no full name, he's just David.

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
According to Sesame Street Unpaved (the book), Bob's full name on the show is Bob McGrath... so in other words, Bob is really playing himself. David has no full name, he's just David.

Yeah, that is what I always just assumed anyway. It's just when I spotted the name listed that way on Wiki, I had to run it by everyone here. Thanks, D'Snowth!:smile:

(There should be a Snowth smiley!)

BradFraggle

Reaction score
The last name Johnson comes direct from the Sesame Street Unpaved college tour, which was put together by Sesame Workshop - Bob's last name comes from the of the questions in the quiz.

And for the record:
  • Gina's last name is Jefferson (shown on office door)
  • Gordon's (and thus Susan's, Miles' and Olivia's) last name is Robinson (Gordon's students call him Mr. Robinson)
  • Luis' (and thus Maria's and Gabi's) last name is Rodriguez
  • Mr. Hooper's first name is Harold (shown on his diploma)
  • David and Alan...no one knows :wink:

BEAR

Reaction score
BradFraggle said:
The last name Johnson comes direct from the Sesame Street Unpaved college tour, which was put together by Sesame Workshop - Bob's last name comes from the of the questions in the quiz.

And for the record:
  • Gina's last name is Jefferson (shown on office door)
  • Gordon's (and thus Susan's, Miles' and Olivia's) last name is Robinson (Gordon's students call him Mr. Robinson)
  • Luis' (and thus Maria's and Gabi's) last name is Rodriguez
  • Mr. Hooper's first name is Harold (shown on his diploma)
  • David and Alan...no one knows :wink:
Thank you, Brad. Do you have any visual proof or could you direct toward some that would verify Bob's last name as "Johnson"?

Thanks for the additional info. I think most of us already know all that. As for Alan's last name, I will leave it as Muraoka (same as his real life last name) for now until otherwise stated.

scarecroe

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Do you have any visual proof or could you direct toward some that would verify Bob's last name as "Johnson"?
Well, I'm not Brad, but I'd be happy to point you in the right direction. A quiz created by Sesame Workshop for the Sesame Street Unpaved college tour confirms Bob's last name as Johnson.

Citing the character's last name as McGrath is not the only error David Borgenicht made in his book. Obviously, Bob McGrath is the actor's name. He's not playing himself. The same applies to Alan.

BEAR

Reaction score
scarecroe said:
Well, I'm not Brad, but I'd be happy to point you in the right direction. A quiz created by Sesame Workshop for the Sesame Street Unpaved college tour confirms Bob's last name as Johnson.

Citing the character's last name as McGrath is not the only error David Borgenicht made in his book. Obviously, Bob McGrath is the actor's name. He's not playing himself. The same applies to Alan.

So what is Alan's last name on the show?