Bob Mcgrath Status

Rendal

Reaction score
Hey all,

Has Bob joined Loretta Long in the 1 appearance a year club? Has either of them talked about this anywhere? I would imagine they've semi-retired but want to hit the 40 year milestone? It seems a lot of work to go down to the street for one scene a year?

Craig A.​

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Well I wouldn't call them semi retired though they with Miles & Gabby aren't on as much.

I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the modern day format.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Gabi still appears quite often, much more so than Miles now.

RyGuy

Reaction score
I think I posted about this topic last year in a thread entitled " The absence of Bob "" I don't know his status on Sesame Street. If you think about it, Bob has not "met " Abby or Chris yet . I don't see a problem with a Muppet asking where he is . E.G. big Bird asking gordon "What has Bob been up to " Gordon could simply say "I don't know Big Bird , I haven't seen him in a while " that would mark the first-ever "I don't know answer to a " to a question on SS The lesson could be that not everybody knows the answer to questions.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I thought they were doing pretty good with Bob up to the past few seasons. Last season, he only appeared once and this year, I don't know. Yes, Mike, I have checked the website. I know his name is still there. You might be right about the new format though. Also, the fact that they only make 26 new eps per season. They might be on more regularly if there were more episodes. I didn't think about it, but you're right RyGuy about Bob not meeting Abby or Chris. For that matter I don't think Susan has met Abby either. Those would make some good episode ideas.

Gabi still appears quite often, much more so than Miles now.
Yeah. I think that's why Chris was brought on. I guess Olmaide Faison is busy with other things so rather than replacing the actor for the third time, they sort of decided to have a new college-age type guy. But I'm hoping Miles will still appear every once in a while this season.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Miles did make two appearances last season. Maybe they are still trying to figure out what to do with his character since he graduated. Luis is starting to make more appearances then he previous has in the last couple of years or so. And Emilio Delgado is a development consultant for the shows Latino curriculum. I’m pretty sure Big Bird would know where Bob is because he lives there and I’m sure he sees him more often then we do. Perhaps Bob is at work teaching his students or at home, or even talking in a flick or playing his piano. Plus, I know how much he enjoys the coffee at Hoopers. I like the ides that if two humans have some free time that the rest are of working. I know we are starting to see Gina a little less in recent years, but I’m sure she has her hands full between razing a child and an office full of patients. Must of the time the adults are being interrupted in there busy day. It seems then the humans that are being used the most are Leela and Chris. I guess that’s because they are developing and exploring those characters the most right now sense most everybody else has already been established already. Plus maybe Chris is just a really popular character right now… I’m sure Susan is busier then ever working and volunteering and helping in her spare time and taking care of her family with cookie to make and pies to bake, and the coking and the cleaning when never more fun, Cause when we all do it. It soon gets doooooone! Plus laundry to do…. :stick_out_tongue: :smirk:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Yeah. I thought they were doing pretty good with Bob up to the past few seasons. Last season, he only appeared once and this year, I don't know. Yes, Mike, I have checked the website. I know his name is still there. You might be right about the new format though. Also, the fact that they only make 26 new eps per season.
Forgot that fact.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Just thinking about it, and in their spare time then might read, Can read! A good book its all you need... And you; can read...:sing: