Boglins

Iokitek

Reaction score
When I was a kid Mattell made these ugly handpuppets called Boglins. They are little swamp?monsters in a cage-shaped box with a hole in the bottom so you don't even have to take them out of the packaging. I've seen a couple on eBay wich aren't that expensive. And ever since I was a little kid I've wanted one (or all of them). Especially the newest halloween editions look great. Does anyone have one of these and can they tell me if the quality is any good? Or do they tear easily for instance. The halloween Boglins are very expensive compared to the others and I would like to know if it's worth the money.

Luke

Reaction score
I didn't realise they are still making them. Yeah i have one up in the attic (no box though). I remember they had googly eyes you could move with your fingers and the plastic/rubber was very durable. You can't get much of an expression out of them though really. I thought they looked great.

robinthecrow

Reaction score
I remember those! I use to have one. Don't no more though. They were a great five-minuter...

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
They recently started making Boglins again, I think they were out of production for many years. The foam/rubber/latex/whatever they are made from is fairly durable, but it does breakdown - especially if the puppets are stored in sun light.

The movable eyes on the bigger Boglins can be used as mechs in your own puppets.

There's a neat Boglin site at http://www.angelfire.com/mb/boglins/

Iokitek

Reaction score
I really have to get one then and take it apart :smile: Thanks for the info people!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
If you're looking for the eye mechs, make sure you buy one of the older (big) ones off ebay. I don't know if the newer ones have the same eyes or not.

Iokitek

Reaction score
Yeah I noticed that. I need one of the 3 original Goblins then.