Bolt, from the S*N*O*W*T*H Rant Files

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember a while back Drtooth talking about seeing a preview for an animated movie called Fly Me to the Moon, featuring three fly brothers, who are pretty much fly versions of The Chipmunks (one's the leader with a big ego, the other is the smart one with the large glasses, then there's the little chubby one who eats all the time).

Well, while at the movies today, I saw a preview for another animated movie (that features the voice of Miley Cyrus, so I don't think I'll be seeing, AND NOT SARGE, IT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOUR THREAD) about a dog who plays a superhero canine on TV, but he thinks it's all real; during the preview, there were three pigeons: one with a greenish head, one with a silver head, and one with a purpleish head. Remind you of anything? Yep. The Goodfeathers from Animaniacs!

I guess it's official. Hollywood is running out of ideas and ripping other people off left and right.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Like they said in The Simpsons episode "The Day The Violence Died", Animation is built on plagarism.

Hope Mills

Reaction score
I remember a while back Drtooth talking about seeing a preview for an animated movie called Fly Me to the Moon, featuring three fly brothers, who are pretty much fly versions of The Chipmunks (one's the leader with a big ego, the other is the smart one with the large glasses, then there's the little chubby one who eats all the time).

Well, while at the movies today, I saw a preview for another animated movie (that features the voice of Miley Cyrus, so I don't think I'll be seeing, AND NOT SARGE, IT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOUR THREAD) about a dog who plays a superhero canine on TV, but he thinks it's all real; during the preview, there were three pigeons: one with a greenish head,
one with a silver head, and one with a purpleish head. Remind you of anything? Yep. The Goodfeathers from Animaniacs!
I guess it's official. Hollywood is running out of ideas and ripping other people off left and right.

Good luck with this project, D'!

Hope Mills

Reaction score
Like they said in The Simpsons episode "The Day The Violence Died", Animation is built on plagarism.

Oscarfan, plagiarism is serious but very hard to define in terms of what's of or relating to the law. And, as I have published my works of fiction literature only a few times, as a writer I would not mind lending my words or thoughts to anyone who is interested in story writing.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I think in the business plagarism has to be very specific. The same ideas are used quite often but it's legal if the proper guidelines are followed.

Hope Mills

Reaction score
Wow. You know I like that nickname for him.:wink: Hey D'Snowth, can I call you D' from now on?:big_grin:

lol, SSLFan, I'm just a little sluggish at the moment (I ate way too much ice cream, talked too much, and laughed way too hardily earlier today). Please advise me to proceed with caution when in the company of Cold Stone Creamery :batty:.

Ask D'Snowth's permission before you change his alias. ((((D')))) forgive, please!

I write way too much at times, though, and a shortcut is nice at times.

Nite all!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Honestly? I mean your just noticing this? By the way it wil be funny if the title doesn't get changed! :big_grin:

Please advise me to proceed with caution when in the company of Cold Stone Creamery :batty:.

Nite all!
I love Cold Stone creamery and goodnight!:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, while at the movies today, I saw a preview for another animated movie (that features the voice of Miley Cyrus, so I don't think I'll be seeing, AND NOT SARGE, IT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOUR THREAD) about a dog who plays a superhero canine on TV, but he thinks it's all real; during the preview, there were three pigeons: one with a greenish head, one with a silver head, and one with a purpleish head. Remind you of anything? Yep. The Goodfeathers from Animaniacs!

BOLT.... the movie is called BOLT. And it looks pretty terrible. Like a good idea that went through lots of little bad ideas to become something that clearly will flop... well, until they casted a certain Cash cow doing a "I'll do anything for money that my father will wind up squandering" in a lip service voice role.

I liked the idea of a shell shocked TV star thinking he's his character. I liked it back when I came up with something similar 10 years ago.

Redsonga

Reaction score
The idea for the movie would have been better if it was kept simple, with a more Homeward Bound type feeling than if it was trying so hard to be funny it needed a hamster in a ball...Bolt would be be better IMHO with just he and the cat and without someone saying 'you're just a tv star' ever two mins also. *lol* :smile: