1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

BOO! The "What Scared You Today?" Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Mar 28, 2010.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Perhaps, but it's the "cleanest" word I can think of for what I mean.
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I can't believe I'm getting into this, lol, but the character she's playing in Les Misérables is a prostitute for a time out of desperation. That is the most matter-of-fact and non-insulting term I can think of.

The word you used is not in any way clean and again very disrespectful. Again no offense but these kinds of words are used far too casually.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  3. D'Snowth

Maybe it's yet another regional thing, because around these parts, "hoe" is "cleaner" than "prostitute". Please believe I mean no offense to anyone, I'm just saying...

But again, I'm not surprised that's what she's playing... ever since those Princess Diaries movies, that's all she ever plays... and she seems to be proud of it.
  4. heralde

Again I'm sorry if this seems harsh but on what planet is that word in any way clean? It's a vulgar insult term.

Do you know the story of Les Misérables? It's hardly smut.
  5. D'Snowth

I'm not saying it's a clean word, I'm saying it's "cleaner" (emphasis on quotation marks) than the other similar terms around these parts. Y'know, just like terms like "fricken" and "friggin" aren't clean words either, but they're "cleaner" than the OTHER F-word that they're basically the same as.
  6. heralde

That word is used to insult and degrade women. It is not a cleaner version of a nasty word. It IS the nasty word.

And again do you know about that play?
  7. D'Snowth

Well again, where I come from, you don't get in as much trouble for saying that word as you do any of the other words, so that's why I said it in the first place as opposed to any of the others... perhaps from now on, I'll just use a more politically correct termonology: "Lady-of-the-evening".

And yes, I know about the play, I'm just not surprised she's playing that type of character, because that's all she ever plays.
  8. heralde

Well then all I can do is paraphrase the master: Ladies-of-the-evening are entering the kingdom of Heaven before us. ; )

And I'm not particularly an Anne Hathaway fan but I can think of many movies where she didn't play a prostitute.
  9. D'Snowth

Has anybody seen Lindsay Lohan all made up as Elizabeth Taylor for a new Lifetime biopic? She looks NOTHING like Liz Taylor! If anything, she looks like Cousin Serena from Bewitched having a bad hair day.
  10. D'Snowth

When I got up this morning, my computer wouldn't start for some reason, then I kept getting these error messages saying that the computer couldn't start up because the system needed to be repaired. I don't know what that was all about, but it freaked me out!
  11. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------
    *barely refrains from making Mac vs PC comment*

I'm being a have.
    -------------
  12. D'Snowth

Party City is now out of business.

I CANNOT BELIEVE this! I mean gee whiz, I was just browsing through there, like, two weeks ago or so? And they didn't show any sign of tanking, or not doing well or anything... and they're like the only party supply chain in town, now people are having to drive all the way out to another neighboring town to another party supply store just to get party supplies.
  13. D'Snowth

I saw a woman in the store today who looked a LOT like Kris Jenner. :eek:
    charlietheowl likes this.
  14. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I think D'Snowth is going to want to pelt me with rocks :p
  15. D'Snowth

Y'know... I don't get you Sarge... what is it with the constant sex-change operations? Can you not make up your mind, or are you trying avoid being captured by authority figures?
  16. Sgt Floyd

AUTHORITY FIGURES?!?! WHERE?!?!

I mean uh...no :shifty:
    newsmanfan likes this.
  17. D'Snowth

*Blink* Oh-kay...

*Silently steps out of the thread*

*Tip-toes over to a phone booth*

Hello? Can you connect me with CIA/Intelligence?
  18. Sgt Floyd

Oh no you don't! *rips wires out, disconnecting the phone*
  19. D'Snowth

Wow, you're a lot faster than you look!
  20. kyunkyua

kyunkyua Active Member

I had weird problems with my blood pressure this morning. Got up too fast multiple times , couldn't see anything, and took a nice tumble down the stairs. My mom freaked out, but I think I'm okay now.