Boober and Gobo

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
It seems like out of all the Fraggles, Boober and Gobo are the least likely to see paired up. It seems like you never see the 2 of them together much, and they don't really say much to each other. I don't really think the two of them have ever had their own seperate adventure. Does anyone remember anything that just Boober and Gobo did together? and why do you think they never had them do anything together???

janicegroupie

Reaction score
You know now that you mention it that does seem to be true. I can't think of anytimes off the top of my head that it was just the 2 of them in an adventure. I'll have to look back on the episodes I have to see if there are any. At first I was thinking that maybe it's because Gobo's into all his exploring and Boober totally isn't but then I thought about how Red and Boober have been together just the 2 of them a few times (such as Marooned) and they're total opposites too. Although Red isn't usually too happy about the pairing at first. I guess this is a question I have to ponder.

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
So does anyone know why Boober and Gobo never spent any time along together???

Joggy

Reaction score
In the beginning of the series, Gobo and Boober were paired up a couple of times while picking up postcards from Outer Space...

In "Wembley and the Gorgs", Gobo accidentally broke Boober's lucky walking stick while running away from Sprocket.

In "You Can't Do That Without A Hat", Gobo asked Boober to warn him for Sprocket. Boober had to whistle on his fingers if Sprocket saw Gobo. Of course Boober was too afraid to whistle...

Boober also helped Gobo bring back the radio in "Manny's Land of Carpets".

In a later episode "The Voice Inside", Gobo asks Boober to accompany him on a trip. Boober certainly doesn't feel like it and 'fakes' someone calling him away. He tells Gobo he'd love to join him some other time: "We'll have lunch!"

I guess Boober's cowardness is what caused him not to hang out with Gobo too much. Gobo did team up with Boober AND Wembley a bunch of times.

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up Joggy! I do rememeber the 2 times during the first few episodes when they went to Outer Space together. And I think the reason why they didn't hang out much is because their personalities didn't really go well together, and there was really no chemistry between Boober and Gobo.

Joggy

Reaction score
Other pairs of characters that never worked together much...

- Red and Wembley. They shared the episode "Believe It Or Not" but that was about the only time they carried an adventure.

- Cotterpin and Mokey. Probably because of them both being performed by Kathy Mullen. Cotterpin did have several moments with Red, Boober (Boober and the Glob), Gobo (Cavern of Lost Dreams) and Wembley (Tune for Two).

- Boober and Travelling Matt (same problem)

- Mokey and Travelling Matt (only once in the "Brush With Jealousy" episode)

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
Actually Red and Wembley were together more than that. They both went to the Trasheap and tried the Don't cry over spilled Milk Routine together when Gobo was trapped in outer spacethey were seen together at the beggining of Gunge the Great and Glorious.

Collgoff

Reaction score
In the beginning of the series, Gobo and Boober were paired up a couple of times while picking up postcards from Outer Space...

In "Wembley and the Gorgs", Gobo accidentally broke Boober's lucky walking stick while running away from Sprocket.

In "You Can't Do That Without A Hat", Gobo asked Boober to warn him for Sprocket. Boober had to whistle on his fingers if Sprocket saw Gobo. Of course Boober was too afraid to whistle...

Boober also helped Gobo bring back the radio in "Manny's Land of Carpets".

In a later episode "The Voice Inside", Gobo asks Boober to accompany him on a trip. Boober certainly doesn't feel like it and 'fakes' someone calling him away. He tells Gobo he'd love to join him some other time: "We'll have lunch!"

I guess Boober's cowardness is what caused him not to hang out with Gobo too much. Gobo did team up with Boober AND Wembley a bunch of times.
Well I always think Gobo, Boober, and Wembley are like the 3 mustketeers all for one and one for all.:excited::smirk::coy:

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
I think the reason that we didn't see Gobo and Boober together a lot is because their personalities would often put them in conflict with one another, leaving writers very little to go on to move the plot forward.

Gobo is the leader, go getter, adventurer, explorer-type; willing to do almost anything if there is something new to see and something great to explore

Boober is the antagonist in a sense where he is definitely NOT the ok let's do it type fraggle. He sticks to only doing things he is comfortable with, unless a friend of his is in danger or if he knows the activity is in the best interest of the group (even if he doesn't want to do it.) A lot of stories between Gobo and Boober would be: Gobo: Hey Boober, let's go see ______; Boober: "No way! Definitely a guarantee for death and pestilence, and I wouldn't have time to do the laundry!" :wink: With conflict like that, there is not a whole lot writers can do with that to get rid of the conflict. We saw it a few times during the series, but there were just better ways to showcase the characters by matching them up with other fraggles.

Fraggline

Reaction score
You know who I think should pair up, if they haven't much already? Wembley and Mokey---it seems that Wembley could learn a lot from her by wandering around with her to a cave at night or watching the stars in the Gorg's garden. He'd also probably pick up a whole bunch of new words that he'd likely misuse, too. (Hey, wow! Look at that! Boober's doing laundry! Isn't that just malicious?)