Boober and Tosh

Frogster

Reaction score
Okay, you asked for it; here, once again is another addition to the Where Are They Now: Boober's story. I had fun coming up with this one...hope you like it! Replies welcome. I hope when you get up from your computer, this story sticks. So without further adue...

Boober, everyone's favorite pessimist, is still around, and still wearing nothing to keep him warm exept a scarf and a hat. He has long since come to terms with Sidebottom, and his cooking has labeled him the best chef in the rock. But, life has dramatically changed for him since we last left our little blue buddy. Remember Tosh? Well...
Quite some time after Gobo and Doc became good friends, but before the second Trash Heap came along, Boober and Tosh finally decided not to beat around the bush anymore and date. Of course, knowing Boober, he was incredibly nervous about the fact that he was actually dating someone, but Tosh was okay with that, and she got him to kind of come out of his hidey-hole. You might say that she ended up bringing out the best in him, getting him to stop worrying so much and to join in when people wanted him to. Boober also got her to learn how to cook and lets her wear his scarf from time to time. Yes, things were going great.
That is, until Tosh was wanting more than that. She wanted marriage, but didn't know how Boober would handle it. So Tosh went to the Trash Heap to find out how she could let him know what she wanted. Marjorie told her, "The best way is to ask him first what he would think...and then when the time is right, he will ask you." So, later on that day, she sat down and carefully asked her question. Boober became nervous and stammered, then finally got up and ran to Gobo's room, where Wembley was sleeping, while Tosh followed close behind...
Once Boober got to to the boys' room, he was stammering and shaking, scaring the radish-risms out of Wembley. Since he couldn't understand Boober's incoherent rambles, he turned him upside down to get him to think & talk clearly. Once Boober spilled his beans, Wembley was speechless. Boober went on and on about how he didn't think he'd ever commit to anybody; moreover, he liked being alone better. Not aware that Tosh was at the entryway of the room crying, she, after hearing plenty, said, "If you want to be alone, then that's fine with me! I'm tired of trying!" And with that, she was gone.
For the next few weeks, whenever they saw each other in the Great Hall or elsewhere, they just kept walking. Red and Mokey kept Tosh busy for the next few days, keeping her mind off Boober. Wembley and Gobo did the same for Boober. One day, however, the three of them went to go get some radishes. After each of them grabbed one, they made their way back to Fraggle Rock. However, Rutner Gorg, who was alone at the castle for the day, wasn't far. He watching them closely from the doors of the castle. He had never caught a fraggle since he started living there and he knew today would be his day to finally get one. That's all he wanted. He finally ran out the doors, and the girls dropped the radishes and dashed for the hole. First Red made it through the hole okay, then Mokey did, but Tosh was too late...Rutner caught her just feet before she was safely home.
Mokey and Red came back and told everyone what had happened, and Boober was heartbroken. Gobo thought it would be best to gather as many fraggles as possible to go back out to the garden and save her, but Boober thought he should get her back himself. Gobo said that wouldn't be smart going up against a Gorg like Rutner, but Boober said that he didn't care, and with that he headed for the Gorg's Garden.
Rutner had imprisoned Tosh in a small, one-fraggle cage, and placed her on the table outside, so he could keep an eye out while he did his chores. Boober waited for him to go back inside so he could go and rescue her. Once he made his way to the table, Tosh was less than happy about the rescue force sent to her. Boober tried desperately to say he was sorry about how he acted, but she didn't care. But Boober said that when he heard what had happened, it made him realize how the people we love the most could leave at any time, and he didn't want that to happen to him. He then got on his knees and asked her hand in marriage. Tosh was touched, but didn't know how to answer that now.
Rutner wasn't far once again, but this time, he stayed back to listen to the arguement... finally he had heard enough and came out of the castle, not with a club and in a frenzy, but in tears because of what he had heard. Boober and Tosh were scared to death when they saw him, but Rutner told Tosh that she should marry him, and that he saw how much the other fraggle-was it Boober?- loved her. Tosh finally accepted, and Rutner let her out, but only on one request.
The ceremony was held out in the garden, which was the one request of Rutner. Everyone was there;Cotterpin & the Doozers, the five Gorgs, Convincing John, The Storyteller, and many others, including Sprocket. Cantus even came out to be the Minstrel Minister. And a few years later, there was a little fraggle that came along, and his name, of course, was Sidebottom.

I need suggestions for Wembley and especially Mokey! If anyone can conjure up some ideas, that'd be great! C ya!

Frogster

Reaction score
Just checking to see if anyone had any ideas for the story that I'll be writing for Wembley and Mokey...

Mokey Fraggle

Reaction score
Frogster, at the risk of stirring up some people, I'm gonna say that Mokey should end up with Gobo. I know that some people (actually most people) can't see Gobo with anyone but Red, but I never understood that. Gobo and Mokey just have the most chemistry. Also, they bring out the best qualities in each other, whereas Red and Gobo just bring out a fraggle rivalry in each other. For those of you who disagree with me, watch "A New Trash Heap In Town". I think you'll see the chemistry. It's destiny, I tell you!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I was looking for this the other day.

Besides Ma, Pa, and Junior, and Rutner, who is the last of the five Gorgs?

Ever thought of fleshing out the fanfic as a script? It'd be a good way to throw in some good Fraggle humor and song (at least the lyrics). I've been thinking about writing some Fraggle fanfics but I'm not sure where to start.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole