Boogie in the Barnyard

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
HaHa. That's so wonderful. I adore what Statler and Waldorf say at the end. :big_grin:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It was so great seeing that again. I had been trying to remember if Zoot sang in that song. But now I know he didn't. Since Lips sang a line, it would have been great if Zoot sang, so that all of the Electric Mayhem members would have sung a line in one song.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well watching it again a couple of times I noticed that Zoot does in fact sing sometimes together with the rest of the Mayhem the line "Let's Boogie in the Barnyard".
But of course technically that does not really count as you pointed out minor, he never specifically sang a single line on his own like all the others did.

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
I LOVE this song. I love it so much, I ended up making a parody of this song. I think Lips has an awesome voice, and I wish it could have been used more.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Speaking of Zoot singing along but not getting any of his own lines, I wonder if Dave Goelz normally sang in Zoot's voice whenever Zoot sang along with other characters but couldn't be heard. I also wonder if Steve Whitmire sang in Lips' voice in such scenes where Lips sang along with the others at the same time, and couldn't really be heard. I think that his voice is a bit simialr to that of Rowlf and Dr. Teeth, and most scenes where he's with a group of characters singing feature at least one of those two, so it would be hard to make out his voice.

In The Great Muppet Caper, when Kermit and Miss Piggy get on the Happiness Hotel bus, there's a Steve Whitmire voice hear doff-screen, saying "Let's hit the road! How about a little traveling msuic!" I thought this was Lips, and I could still be right, but there it sounds different from in Boogie in the Barnyard. Of course, in that scene he was speaking, and in Boogie in the Barnyard he was singing (and at the end, when he says "and me", it's a bit quick and brief to really pinpoint what he sounded like). Or it could have been Steve Whitmire attmepting to give him a less african-sounding voice (when he wasn't even seen on-camera). But in this scene, he soudns a bit like the turkey from A Mupet Family Christmas. I assume that it wasn't one of the rats or chickens talkign, and it obviously wasn't Rizzo (and I don't think Rizzo was even in that scene).