Book Smarts (PG-13ish, One-shot. Lips x TG)

TwoHeadedLlama

Reaction score
So I was finally prompted by AlittleMayhem to get off my lazy rear and write something. Yes, it's another Lips oriented fic. (Curse my liking of obscure characters.) But I do have a few full-length fics planned out and ready to be written, if I can actually get myself to write them. :rolleyes:

Rated PG-13 for suggestiveness.

***​

It was a cool, breezy evening at the beach. Although the air was chilly, it was a welcome relief from the hot, muggy weather that had been so prominent earlier that day. The sandy shores were covered in so many blankets and towels that it was hard for anyone to walk around without tripping over someone’s feet. This was because today was the fourth of July, and the beach goers were patiently waiting for the rosy sun to set, so that they could enjoy the annual fireworks, which were fired off a pier at the edge of the lake.

The Electric Mayhem had been sure to pick their spot early. They ended up choosing an area close to the water, mostly because Animal would probably want to take a swim, and the band members didn't want him to injure too many people on his way out. They had found an old, moth-eaten blanket in the trunk of their tour bus, and were using it to sit on. Zoot was laying on his back at the edge of the blanket, probably napping. Beside him sat an unusually quiet Dr. Teeth, who kept looking over his shoulder as if he was searching for something. Next to him, Floyd was sitting in a cross-legged position, and behind him was Janice, who was attempting to braid his hair, much to the bassist's annoyance. Still, he let her do it, seeing as there wasn't anything better for him to do.

Dr. Teeth suddenly shifted his position to face the parking lot of the beach, and squinted.

“You see 'em yet, Doc?” asked Floyd.

“Yep,” Dr. Teeth replied after a moment's hesitation. “Looks like they're on the approach.”

“'Bout time too-ow!”

Floyd jerked a bit as Janice gave his hair a sharp tug.

“Oh, sorry hun,” Janice said. “But you rully need to sit still.”

“I've been sitting still...” grumbled Floyd.

“Oh, for sure,” cooed Janice. “Like, I'm almost done.”

Floyd sighed and went silent. After a few minutes, he heard the sound of muffled, rough footsteps approaching.

“Hey, Lips! Dolores! You made it!” called out Dr. Teeth.

Dolores smiled at him. She was carrying a black duffel bag over her shoulder, and was wearing a red top and skirt that seemed a bit inappropriate for a beach outing. Her significant other, Lips, was also carrying a bag over his shoulder, though this one was more of a pouch than a duffel. He was wearing a red poncho and beaming.

“Nice to see you, Teeth,” Dolores said.

“Where y'at?” Lips added as he swung his bag from his shoulder and dropped it in the sand.
“About time you dudes showed up,” said Floyd.

The mustached muppet turned to face the lake. He cupped his hands around his mouth and whistled loudly, causing a few passers-by to stare awkwardly.

“Animal, come!”

In a flash of waves and sea spray, a red ball of fur began to rush as quickly as he could towards shore. Lips realized they were about to receive a greeting from a wet, crazed creature, and motioned to Dolores to drop her bag, too. Luckily, though, it seemed she'd realized what was coming as well, and placed her duffel gently on the sand, just in time for Animal's impact. In a flash, the two muppets found themselves flattened against the ground, being bounced on by a soaked, dripping drummer.

“Alright, Animal, that's enough,” said Floyd. “Sit!”

Animal sat. On Zoot's face. This caused the sleepy sax player to suddenly wake up, sputtering and writhing under the wet monster's weight.

“No, Animal! Not on Zoot!” cried Floyd.

“Oh!” Animal said as he hopped backwards, away from Zoot's body.

“Sor-ry...” the drummer bellowed bellowed.

“'S okay, Animal,” muttered Zoot as he sat up and wiped the water from his face. It was then he noticed Lips and Delores laying flat on the ground next to him, still somewhat stunned from the impact.

“Oh. Hi...” the burnt-out muppet uttered.

Lips sat up slowly, taking deep breaths as he did so.

“I'll never get used ta that,” he grunted. “You alright, Doe?”

Dolores groaned and sat up, dusting sand off her top at the same time.

“Yeah, I'm fine,” she said, reaching over and dusting sand off Lip's shoulder as well. “Where should we set up?”

“Right where you're situated, if it pleases ya,” said Dr, Teeth.

“Yeah,” Janice added. “It's, like, the only place left on the beach. For sure.”

She then picked up a piece of pink ribbon from her side, and used it to tie off Floyd's newly braided ponytail.

“Done!” she announced proudly.

“Does it look good on me?” Floyd inquired.

“Oh, for sure, hun,” Janice replied. “And the pink bow looks, like, so rad with your red hair,”

“Pink what?”

Lips and Dolores weren’t listening to the conversation. Instead they were focusing on getting Dolores's duffel unpacked. Inside of it was a large, black and blue striped picnic blanket, perfect for beach lounging. After a few minutes, the two of them managed to get it unrolled, and promptly positioned themselves comfortably on it.

“Doe, have you seen my bag?” Lips asked as he shifted about on the blanket, trying to get in a good viewing position.

“Yeah, it's right here,” the trombonist said as she looked to her side and noticed the odd sack laying in the sand next to the blanket. She picked it up by the handle and started to pass it over to Lips, but a strange object caught her eye. The spine of a book was poking out through the top zipper, causing Delores to place the bag in her lap instead.

Lips didn't realize what she was doing at first, but when he did, his face turned bright pink, and he hurriedly reached over to grab the book before it was too late. But Delores had already seen the title, and she hurriedly shoved the book back into the bag, equally shocked and amused by what she'd seen.

Her significant other stared down at his sandals, too embarrassed to speak or look at his partner. He was internally beating himself up for bothering to bring that book with him to the beach. Now Delores would be mad at him, maybe she'd even want to break up with him. Which is why Lips was very surprised when he suddenly heard her giggle a bit.

“Well, Lips, I didn't know you were interested,” she said.

Lips looked up, but still refused to look Delores in the eye. Even though she didn't seem too angry, his stomach still churned violently, making the trumpeter feel queasy and nervous.

“I-I'm sorry, Doe,” he said. “I was thinking that, well, since we've been goin' steady for a while now, maybe at some point we might, you know...I mean, just in case you wanted to try...”

Delores suddenly burst into laughter. Lips knew she wasn't upset with him, but for some reason her laughter only made him feel worse. But Delores noticed she was making him feel bad, and placed a hand on his shoulder.

“Aw, Lips,” she said. “That was nice of you. But you really don't need a book to learn how,”

Lips looked up at her, his fear gradually subsiding.

“I just heard, a few folks, talking about it it at the boarding house, and how it had to be done exactly the right way or else the whole thing wouldn't be worth it, so I borrowed that book hopin' that it could teach me how and-”

“I could teach you hands on,” Delores said. “It's not as difficult as everyone makes it out to be.”

Lips smiled a bit. “But...I don't need to know..I was really only learning it in case you wanted to-”

Delores smiled at him, and rested her head on his shoulder. Lips felt a clam warmth spread over his body at the touch, and all his fear melted way. He leaned down and gently kissed her on the forehead.

“We could go over to my place tonight,” Delores murmured. “Mildred wouldn't mind.”

“You sure?” Lips asked.

“Positive.”

Lips smiled slightly, and rested his head on top of her own, feeling greatly relieved.

The two of them seemed oblivious to the fact that Zoot had been watching them the entire time. It didn't matter, though, since no matter how much the sax player reflected on the incident, he couldn't quite figure out how a book titled '61 Ways to Pleasure Your Partner,” could possibly be useful for anything.

FIN

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
This is good! I love reading your stories! Lips X Delores is my #1 favorite couple!​