Booked for lunch

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wait, that should be Books for lunch...

Anyway, I was thinking we should have a thread specifically placed here for Books.

Books read, books you want to read, Books coming out soon, Book discucions#.

Book practically anything, just not my table at the restaurant...

Anyway, I know some of you are writters, but how many are readers? What are you favorite books? What book are you reading now? When did you last read a book? How fast do you read? How many books a week? How many questians should I ask before I STOP?

Beauregard

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I'm a lifelong bookworm. I actually haven't been reading that much lately, but hopefully I'll get back in the groove soon. All that required reading for college kinda knocked the wind out of me I guess. I think the last book I read was "Snoopy's Guide to the Writing Life." I also read "The Lovely Bones" and "Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix" this summer. Not reading anything at the moment. My all-time favorite book is "The Lord of the Rings" (I cheat and include "The Hobbit"). Other favorites are the "Chronicles of Narnia," the Harry Potter books, the Redwall series, "Watership Down," and "Where the Red Fern Grows," to name a few. I read "The Green Mile" this spring and loved that; Stephen King is generally too gory for me but that one wasn't too bad, and it was a great story. I'm a pretty slow reader I guess, and it doesn't help that when I read at home I often do it in a reclined position and wind up falling asleep. I've given away probably hundreds of books at book swaps and such and still have them coming out of my ears. Practically every available space on my wall has shelves on it. I would really love it if someday one of my own books could have a place on those shelves!
Erin

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Top 3 fav

Top 3 fav books are:

1. The Princess Bride (MUCH better than the movie, and I love both!)
2. The Harry Potter series (ok, this is more than one... oh well! :wink: )
3. Jim Hensons the Works ( a book EVERY muppet fan should have)

ok, well theres others... just not thinking of them now lol. oh guess what?!?! my grandma was going through the library she has in her bacement, and found a mint conditioned "Dark Crystal" novel first edition (well, I only think there was 1, but thats what it says) so, im going to start, very carefuly, reading that. I was SO happy! it was better than my chritmas present she could have given me! :excited:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I agree, the novel of "The Princess Bride" is hilarious! I love all the little details in the book, and the narratorial asides. I can't decide which I like better, though, because the movie was very well done. :smile:
Erin

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
what I love?

anything by Meg Cabot
anything by Lois Duncan
anything by Lillian Jackson Braun
anything by Daniel Handler (A.K.A: Lemony Snicket)

those are my main favorites! there are hundreds of individual books

Beauregard

Reaction score
My favorite books, really are covered better by their authors, John Grisham, P.G. Wodehouse, Jerry Jenkins, the Net Force Explorers seres...

I have also read all the Agatha Christie's apart from 6, I think.

Fozzie

Reaction score
I am a HUGE bookworm my top three favorites are:

The Hobbit
Lord OF The RIngs Series
The Redwall Series
Harry Potter Series

And right now I am reading Eyes Of The Dragon by Stephen King.

Fozzie

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
anything by Daniel Handler (A.K.A: Lemony Snicket)
Dodn't he write some books with short comical poems? One of them was called Where The Sidewalk Ends wasn't it?

Convincing John

Reaction score
Fozzie said:
Dodn't he write some books with short comical poems? One of them was called Where The Sidewalk Ends wasn't it?
That was Shel Silverstein, another wonderful author (who unfortunately is no longer with us):frown:

Some of my favorite books:

The World of the Dark Crystal (I only have the newer version)

Gilda Radner's "It's Always Something"

Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett (this book is about three witches who remind me of the ones on Sesame Street who made chicken soup by cooperating)

Right now I'm reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix...I bought it at midnight the night it came out (I know I'm crazy) :crazy:

I have TONS of books, and I always wind up like Ernie, reading at night and not sleeping! :stick_out_tongue:

Convincing John

Beauregard

Reaction score
I find I get to sleep quickly if I read from about half an hour first, it is a just a case of trying to stop reading and put out the light...must stop reading...must stop...must stop...