Boston gets its own Muppet Macy's Display

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was walking down Downtown Crossing in Boston yesterday (in the snow I MIGHT ADD). I looked at the Macy's Window display at this Boston location and saw their own Muppet window display! Of course, this one was lower budget, and did not use any of the Muppets on lone, and used several Frogtographer Kermit dolls. The Muppet characters were made with wood or foam or something, so they were two dimentional. The art wasn't superb, but I liked it anyway. The title is Kermits Travels, in which he visits a few landmarks.

Window 1: Kermit sitting in a chair, looking at his photo album (made with several colored screen shots of the show). He sits in a dierector's chair

Window 2: Las Vegas: Kermit driving in a little car goes by two Huge Buildings, Fozzie's Comedy Club and Miss Piggy's Revue (?) a small sing out side says, "A christmas Caol starring Elmo as Tiny Tim"

Window 3: Mount Rushmore: Kermit in another car (?) goes by this giant statue with heads of Washington, Lincon, Roosevelt, Jefferson and Sweetums. A little Gonzo in an airplane flys overhead.

Window 4(?): New Orleans (we're getting much better here!) Kermit walks around (?) and there's a gaint centerpiece of Dr. Teeth playing a piano (an inside joke, since Dr. Teeth is based on the New Orleans piano player, Dr. John). There is a cafe in the background, in which a beautifully painted Swedish chef is serving food.

Window 5 (?): Hollywood. Kermit sits on a piano while Rowlf plays (by slowly striking the same key:big_grin: ) while Scooter holds up a flood light.

Window 6: A giant Kermit in a Giant car drive by the white house. sam the Eagle is in one of the windows, but he's hard to see!

Window 7: NYC: The electric Mayhime Tour Bus flys over a small portion of the Statue of Liberty. In the van are Janice, ZOot, Floyd, and the Kermit doll. Animal is swinging from a vine made of tinsel. At the bottom , a corus line of Chickens..with HUMAN LEGS!!!

Window 8 (the one I can remember perfectly!): Kermit swings on a lampost (ala Singing in the Rain) while, Beaker, Lew Zeland, Link Hogthrob, Clifford, a weird looking bird, and Mary Louise (a muppet that looks like Prairie Dawn, only Caucasian) sing Christmas carols. Watching them are Statler and Waldorf.

That's basically what I could remember. There was a window in which Beauregaurd was selling Christmas Trees (he looked PERFECT!) and one with Bobo the bear in it (possibly Hollywood).

If anyone in the Boston area can do me a favor and take pictures and post them here, I will be thankful and grateful.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, that's great! Wonder if any other Macy's have Muppet windows?

scarecroe

Reaction score
Neat! Bummer that they're not posers, but still, some exposure nonetheless.

Maybe I'll drive into town tomorrow and check it out with my digital camera.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe

Maybe I'll drive into town tomorrow and check it out with my digital camera.
Could you do it for us please?

Thog

Reaction score
I'm going tomorrow too.