Boxset DVD's.

wade7575

Reaction score
I purchased the First 3 Season's of the Muppet Show when they came out I was wondering if the last 2 season's.I hope they do if they don't I'm really gonna feel screwed over,I can see they have released some Disc's on this site that you can purchase but even if they are all there what good is that when they made most of them on DVD but then some where toward the end from what I can see they released a few on VHS olny.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Your concern is echoed by many. There was a too-long wait between season 1 & 2 but it pales in comparison between the wait between 3 & 4.

I personally don't doubt we'll get all five seasons. But given how messed up Disney has been with the timing of dvd releases and the pushing back and pushing back and pushing back of season 4 and basically holding everything off to coincide with the release of the November movie and grinding any major Muppet activity to a deafening halt for the first third of 2011, i can see where lots of people would start to doubt if Disney's caution has turned into Disney's killing the brand instead. It's starting to seem like by the time we get a season four set, dvd's will have become an obsolete relic!

But they will come. I don't think Disney's going to screw over the Muppet fans on this (and mind you, this is coming from someone who's been keeping his eye on how badly other divisions/parts of Disney's been horribly mismanaged and angering its customer base). I hope i don't end up eating my words but even though they're taking waaaaayyyy tooooo loooooooooong, they will come.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If there's one thing Disney is COMPLETELY and UTTERLY fumblethumbs about, it's DVD box sets. As it stands they gave us incomplete bare bones Disney Afternoon sets, incomplete barebones The Tick sets WITH Comedy Central edits and missing episodes... though they apparently had done good with the 90's Saban X-Men series sets.... other than that, they even refuse to make their insanely popular show Phineas and Ferb into anything but 90 minute movies. Sure, DTV movies they KNOW how to do.

They DID sub-license their horrid, unwatchable, piece of crap, we should forget they ever made them 00's era family sitcoms to Lionsgate. Seriously, if anyone wants to watch According to Jim (and I still don't believe there's a human soul that does), you can watch the episodes FREE when a baseball game gets rained out or on Sundays provided they don't run infomercials. Why hasn't it occurred to them if they can get a company to release garbage no one cares about like Hope and Faith, why can't they sub-license Darkwing Duck or Ducktales or something people actually LIKE?